You missed Azhagana rasatchiye, the best of the album for me. Uppu
karuvadu had a very nice folk touch and was massive hit.

I dont think Mudhalvans music was the weakest link for ARR shankar
combo. This would be my order of preference for ARR-Shankar combo.

1) Kaadhlan (All songs) - classic
2) Indian (Telephoen manipola, Maya machindra,Pachai killigal) - Maya
machindra was Quite unconventional for Rahman at that time. Gives a
unique feel.
3) Gentleman (En veetu thottatil, Ottagatha) - En veetu thottail still
gives goosebumps. Awesome lyrics and melody.
4) Mudhalvan (Azhagana rasatichiye, Kurku siruthavely, uppu karuvadu)
5) Boys - Rocking melody in Enaku oru girlfried, rest were weak.
6) Jeans - Excepting Kannodu kanbathellam rest were weak. BGM was
however awesome.

Jeans was a complete washout to me. All of the songs with the
exception of Kannodu Kanbathellam had instant appeal but did not stick
out in the long run.

Some might disagree with Boys. Boys was above and beyond my
expectations when i first listened. It was a revolution for tamil
music. But i guess it greatly misses haunting melody for a long shelf
life. Maybe i will grow liking for it, if i dont hear such music for a
while.

-Krishna

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM