> From: "Gopal Srinivasan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> The Zubin of Fiza and Zubin Mehta are not the same
> person. Zubin Mehta does not sing professionally. None of
> our ranting on this forum can undermine Mr. Mehta's
> genuine achievements and whether he has heard of ARR or
> not, I personally believe, is a complete non-issue.

Dear Gops,

I slightly differ with you on this.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that Zubin Mehta is an
internationally known name of well repute. It is not good
that some of us are trying to undermine him just because his
statement about ARR.

I take such statements of members to mean, as someone very
clearly spelled it, "i think there might be bigger number of
people who know ar rahman than zubin mehta in india."

But the above sheds light on our awareness about reknowned
and celebrated music personality of the word, more so Indian
Origin.

I think those members who are undermining Zubin Mehta should
google about him to get his full profile.

But, as far as Zubin Mehta "not knwoing about LOTR/ ARR" is
concerned, I don't agree with you "that it is relevant".

ARR is a world reknowned personality now, and if Zubin says
that he does not know ARR, then a great personality like
Zubin is behaving exactly as childishly as those member of
this list who are saying that they don't know Zubin Mehta.

Maybe, Zubin Mehta just means that he has not met ARR, but
have heard about him. I am being hopeful. :)

But, on a deeper plane, I think Zubin's statement might
indicate his ego. He is an elderly person and he might be
quite right in expecting that a junior, upcoming person pays
a visit to him, seeks his suggestions/ guidance/ review of
one's work, etc., etc.

If so, then, I would approve of him. It is a typically
eccentricity elderly persons are having. Thus, unless ARR
feeds Zubin's ego, Zubin is just trying to deny that ARR
exists. Well. A peculiar way, but that is the world is.

I think someone close to ARR should convery Zubin's
statement to ARR (maybe, ARR has already come to know of
it). I am sure that, then, ARR would arrange to meet Zubin
somewhere soon, and all the misgivings of Zubin will get
calmed down. Once their ego gets fed, the elderly persons
are very considerate and loving and helping.

So, I am sure that soon we are going to see some photo of
ARR shaking hands with Zubin Mehta on some public platform.

Amen.

My 2 cents.
--
Rawat

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/VwqHaC/.VHMAA/n1hLAA/iyUplB/TM