Tech Gift from IT capital

When A.R.Rahman ascends on the stage, crowds erupt in ecstasy, youngsters dance
in delight and teenage voices chant his name in high decibel. As he performed
in Bangalore for the first time ever recently, the scent wasn’t any different.
But, apart from this usual genuflection, Rahman had something more personal and
memorable to take back with him: a gift that represented Bangaloreans'
collective love and affection.

As the city eagerly awaited his arrival, Avinash Mudaliar and Gopal Srinivasan
where working almost round-the-clock on a gift which Rahman would remember for
the rest of his life: a montage with the thumbnail images of all his album
covers that formed the contours of his face.

"When my friends, who are diehard Rahman fans like me, suggested the idea of a
gift, I felt that it should be really special," Avinash says. "When I suggested
this, every one liked it."

Almost from that minute, Avinash and his team of designers at his company
'3xus' (three of us'), started to ponder over the technique. No one has tried
out this in India. Except for a few rich Hollywood studios like Warner
Brothers, none in the world has tried it either. "The technology to make it,
called PhotomosaicĂ’, is expensive and so we have to develop software in-house
to make the montage", Avinash says.

Collecting the album cover of all 94 Rahman albums, which included his Hindi,
Tamil and Telugu hits, turned out to be an even tougher task. Being his avid
fans, Avinash and Gopal consulted all available sources. "We gathered the hard
copied and scanned them in our office. It tool almost 10 days to make this, but
it was ready to be presented to him during the show", Avinasah says.

Now, the fans have received the news that Rahman liked the montage so much and
is planning to put it up in his new studio. "We're delighted by the news. It's
incredible to think that our creative tribute to his accomplishments has been
acknowledged by him", Avinash says. "This would also make his performance in
Bangalore memorable."

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, SHIVAKUMAR VA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yep Kalimuthu,,,,

Even I agree with that,,,Heared Gops Name is there....

while goin back home i'll get all the information..

Thanks and Regards.
Shivakumar V.A.

--- Kalimuthu V <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There's an article in today's Deccan Herald
> newspaper about 3xus gift
> presented to ARR during Blore concert. Could not get
> the softcopy of
> that.

> THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE
> INTENDED
> RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND
> PRIVILEGED
> INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED REVIEW, USE,
> DISCLOSURE OR
> DISTRIBUTION IS PROHIBITED.BEFORE OPENING ANY
> ATTACHMENTS
> PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUSES AND DEFECTS.IF YOU ARE NOT
> THE
> INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY
> REPLY
> E-MAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.

http://mail.yahoo.com

--- End forwarded message ---