Hello Everyone,
     I joined this group a few months ago but have never posted a
message until now. I hope you don't minde my jumping into this
discussion.

Vishwesh, the listening public is certainly influenced by comments
made on popular shows. The reason these comments are made is because
they know that the comments have an effect on people. People who host
shows of their own in the electronic media have the power in them to
either promote or not promote a product, movie, song, politician etc.
The drop in sales of ARR's music is there for everyone to see. If the
public is not made aware of his music it is unlikely that his music
will generate sales. In this group, we are all fans of ARR's music and
we proactively seek his music. This is not true however for the
majority of music listenership in the country. So every positive and
negetive comment and/or promotion matters. Though anecdotal, you will
find the  general listenership parroting comments made by people such
as Sajid Khan on various mailings, forums and living rooms discussions.

Just my two cents.

Ashwini
--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, || V i s h w e s h ||
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why do you guys care about this guy's comments this much ? He is
just a comedian on TV...nothing more... its his job to pass faltu
comments like these...
>   so just smile & ignore... a r r e-style ;-)
>
> Sudhakar Babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Also on this very show, when the soundtrack of Yuva came out in
Hindi, Sajid Khan compared it with Anu Malik's Mai Hoo Naa and said
Mai Hoo Naa's music is better than Yuva(Farah Khan, sister of Sajid
Khan, is the director of Mai Hoo Naa)...........................    In
reality Mai Hoo Naa's music is nothing in comparision to ARR's
Yuva(One of his best soundtracks).......

>   Also one should notice that Ranjit Barot( I guess everyone knows
about Ranjit.......  Ranjit used to work for ARR........  He is an
independent composer also and one good at that) arranges music for Anu
Malik these days...........