I fully agree with Nachi. The background score for RDB is truly
amazing. Here are a few more of my observations:

* None of the soundtrack songs have been picturized fully. Actually,
its good that its done that way, since even a part of the song just
convey the emotion. Having the entire song would have probably screwed
the length and lost people on the story track.

* EACH song is used magnificiently. Esp Khoon Chala, Roobaroo,
Patshala -- they are soo very fitting -- and convey the true emotion
of the situation, which would have been truly impossible by words or
acting alone.

* I must congragulate Parveen Joshi on writing magnificient lyrics.
When I heard the songs before, I liked the lyrics. But after seeing
the movie, I realize that there is LOT LOT more thought into the
lyrics. For instance, Khalbali before I saw the movie, represented to
me the state of youth when they get drunk :) ...but in the movie, it
conveys the emotion of unrest -- for the characters, and the drama.
The use of the word ZIDDI is mindblowing..as it conveys the emotion of
stubborness of the patriots to not give up hope. Similiarly, BE A
REBEL has a whole different meaning in the movie -- the rebels who
change the country. KHOON CHALA -- the blood flowing in the veins as
the desire of partiotism ignites. ROOBARAOO -- as the rebels bring
about the change, together, remove the fog (dhuan chata),...

* As mentioned by Nachi, the background when the rebels make the final
climax situation -- which I believe has Rahman singing...and a beat
similiar to Vande Mataraam, is brilliant! The 'remix' of Khalbabli
with additional 'phrases' is amazing. I look forward to the release of
the bgms by one of the experts in extracting it from the DVD when it
releases.

MEANWHILE, I am so glad that Rahman has once again shown  that he
provides music to movies that are truly worth it. I am glad that
Bollywood is taking a HUGE stride with this movie, in terms of
screenplay and concept. And I am glad that a film like Rang De basanti
was made, cause it will not only change the future of Bollywood, but
probably of India as well!

-Ricky

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "NARASIMMAN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>