This subject has come up again.

If you ask 100 members here what is your top 10 rahman songs, you will get 1000 songs. The same when you ask what is your worst 10, you will get 1000 songs. In fact there will be no surprise that someones worst may be in somebody else's best list. So you will not get far with this survey. That tells the genius of our Man.

imho, Rahman dares to experiment in Tamil more than Hindi. All experiments do not necessarily succeed, even if it is from ARR.

For my pick it is 'pettai rap' (dont remember the movie) and a very few others.

I will say, if 5 members here agree a particular song to be bad, perhaps we will deem it to be bad, ok?

Vinayakam Murugan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wanted to ignore this but couldn't resist. Being a fan doesn't mean that I like everything what Rahman dishes out. I like almost 80% of his output and that is the highest ever amongs all my favourite music directors. He is only the composer whose CD I would buy without a preview but that doesn't take away from the fact there has been "not so happenning" songs. After all he is only human. In fact that is a fact that endears him even more.

I listen to both his Hindi and Tamil songs. I haven't disliked any of his Hindi songs except for the dubbed lyrics  (I know he has no control over that but it takes away from the overall appeal of the song). Also the pronunciation in some of the songs like "Dhakka laga" (Yuva) was pretty awful. Otherwise he has been superlative in Hindi. In Tamil, there are quite a few which didn't touch me

Parotha Parotha is one that comes to mind, immed.