I think kannoda Kaanbathellam is more too abheri than suddha dhanyasi, Pankaj.thanks
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:18 PM
Subject: Re:[arr]Innisai Vs Kannodu(Jns) & Kaatril Vs Snehithane

hi vish
both totally differs. Innisai - raag - hindholam wherein Kannodu - Jeans is raag Shudhdha Dhanyaasi.
examples hindolam raag - Om Namachivaaya from Salangai Oli (kamal haassan's classic movie) this song both sung & acted by S P Shailaja sister of SPB.
Kannodu (Jeans) example - Punjai Undu Nanjai Undu song in Unnaal Mudiyum Thambi. Both songs by ARR's mentor MD- maestro Ilayaraja. and

By the way, I m wondering, why No one here cud relate Kaatril to Snehidhane itself. Kaatril an extension of Snehidhane but presented in different way. Similarity in tunes. There is even the hint as the lyrics was deliberately used in the song as Snehithaa...Snehithi....Pankaj :-)

|| V i s h w e s h || <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It sounds so much like Kannodu from Jeans...are the ragas same here too?

Ranojoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Innisai is astounding work.. the highlight of the album by far, to me..