it is not important to always have qawwali type number or a typical
sufi type number to consider it a sufi song. The central concept in
Sufism is love. If you read the lyrics carefully, youll see many
references to love and religion. especially islam. Sufis believe that
God desires to recognize beauty. That can also be seen in the
lyrics.I would consider to be the more sufi type of song because of
its reference to god and beauty.

THE LOVE AND RELIGION PART:

-Jinke Sar Ho Ishq Ki Chaaon    The words ishq and jannat are used as
Paanv Ke Neeche Jannat Hogi     a cause and effect.

-Taabeez Banaa Ke Pahnoo Use Aayat Ki Tarah Mil Jaaye Kahin

Sufis wear tabeezes. and an aayat is a sentence from the Quran

-Mera Nagma Wahi Mera Kalma Wahi
Kalma= Special prayer. reference to religion once again.

One of the Sufi practices is DHIKR, this means to remember God that
is commanded in the Quran, which may include recitation, singing,
instrumental music, dance, costumes, incense, meditation, ecstasy,
and trance.

BEAUTY PART:

-Woh Yaar Hai Jo Khusbhu Ki Tarah  The beauty in the friend and
Jiski Zubaan Urdu Ki Tarah         comparing it to beautiful things

A type of worship so to say.

well i hope this helped you out into understanding why this is a sufi
number.  AS FOR WHAT SONG THIS WAS INSPIRED FROM

go to this link, on the far top right there is a list of artists,
click abida parveen, it appears that she has an album by the name of
BABA BULLEH SHAH, maybe thats the one. i cant recognize exactly which
one it may be inspired from but i think its JO RANG RANGAYA because
it says somesthing about yaar and rang, which are similar in chaiyya
chaiyya, but i dunno.
http://pakistanimusic.com/

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "ashwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,
>   mayb the lyrics r based on that song, 'coz chaiyya chaiyaa is a
> peppy no, i don't see the tune being sufi.
>
> ash
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Gomtesh Upadhye"
> <gomtesh.upadhye@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Guys
> >
> > "Chhaiyya Chhaiyya" ("That was
> > based on a Sufi song from Bulleh Shah, sung originally by Abida
> Parvin").
> >
> > What the hell is he talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
> >
> > Gomzy
> >
> > On 2/24/06, Arijit Debnath <arijit741@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Excellent to raed the article. Just went through ARR's thought
> about his
> > > destination and only one thing came to my mind----why should we
> worry about
> > > other MDs to overtake ARR's music etc etc----many MDs/composers
> will
> > > come---compose music------create history----may be better
> composition than
> > > ARR-------but no one can be a greater phylosopher or a good
human
> being than
> > > ARR----that's why we all be feeling proud to be his fan.
> > >
> > > Arijit

> subaction=showfull&id=1140722059&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7

> easy
> speak

> before

> film music
> snippet
> Dulhaniya

> voice
> violins, and

introduction
> and
> during the
> at a
> scores
> Yuva and

> seem to
> English/Hindi song
> (Nayak),
> in "Bombay

> crazy," he
> Roja, 'I
> three

Gulzar-
> sahib
> want the

> music
Rahman. "At
> the
> he
Mani
> wanted

> the last
> more
> audience.

> [the
> keyboard and
Mani
> said

> intimidating to
> Sarrazin.
> seconds

> heavy
Deepa
Lord
> of War.
> impresario
> I'll use

> such as
> ("That was
Abida

> India's
> now one

Toronto,
> where
> mounted

> observed.
It's
> amazing."

> Rahman, a
London
> and
> touring

> for Hong
> Dimension"
> glasses as
> Shankar

> Heaven
> Birmingham
> He's also

> Music
> and the
> Cultures
> and
> called
> composers of

> lifetime
Lagaan's
> Rahman
Burman
> and
> and
> a film

Kumar
> changed
> 1990s. "I

> Rahman
He's a

Rahman
> endless. Music
> the

The
> Magic.
> community.

t=ms&k=Country+music+artists&w1=Country+music+artists&w2=Music+artists

&w3=New+country+music+artists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Christian+music+

artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=nBUmg_VcgIihiBzORzjs1g
> > Music

t=ms&k=Music+artists&w1=Country+music+artists&w2=Music+artists&w3=New+

country+music+artists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Christian+music+artists&
> w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=3pySawoo9LegeRVJP1u8kg> New

t=ms&k=New+country+music+artists&w1=Country+music+artists&w2=Music+art

ists&w3=New+country+music+artists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Christian+mu

sic+artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=RkXJJgOGHhq1NS8FY9
> 9eiQ>  New

t=ms&k=New+music+artists&w1=Country+music+artists&w2=Music+artists&w3=

New+country+music+artists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Christian+music+arti
> sts&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=ZQ9hdPTRQn31ZmQUG9cS-g>
> Christian

t=ms&k=Christian+music+artists&w1=Country+music+artists&w2=Music+artis

ts&w3=New+country+music+artists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Christian+musi
> c+artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=K34-
> FnluLfamFdhFGSlGig> Unsigned

t=ms&k=Unsigned+music+artist&w1=Country+music+artists&w2=Music+artists

&w3=New+country+music+artists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Christian+music+

artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=RsAw9yL403REOYcogyIR1w

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Terms
> of

> > > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
> Magic.
> > > Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-
community.

> > > Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> > > Admin: admin@
> > > To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >

> > > BGM fest and Potters contest From arsaregama
> > > Log on to  http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arsaregama

t=ms&k=Music+artists&w1=Music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists&w3=

Country+music+artists&w4=Christian+music+artists&w5=New+music+artists&
> w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=C18gf61bQuh13lwjJtjy5w> New
> > > country music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=New+country+music+artists&w1=Music+artists&w2=New+country+music

+artists&w3=Country+music+artists&w4=Christian+music+artists&w5=New+mu

sic+artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=VbLh6YmYn5KmXCCBpm
> 3ndw> Country
> > > music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Country+music+artists&w1=Music+artists&w2=New+country+music+art

ists&w3=Country+music+artists&w4=Christian+music+artists&w5=New+music+

artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=v0hc7neHdb5OarqBseWbUw
> >  Christian
> > > music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Christian+music+artists&w1=Music+artists&w2=New+country+music+a

rtists&w3=Country+music+artists&w4=Christian+music+artists&w5=New+musi

c+artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=vjQ2JZuttiFGrlTXzTnG
> 7Q> New
> > > music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=New+music+artists&w1=Music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists

&w3=Country+music+artists&w4=Christian+music+artists&w5=New+music+arti
> sts&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=feTPvjcKBY5iYis3R_Y64A>
> Unsigned
> > > music artist<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Unsigned+music+artist&w1=Music+artists&w2=New+country+music+art

ists&w3=Country+music+artists&w4=Christian+music+artists&w5=New+music+

artists&w6=Unsigned+music+artist&c=6&s=156&.sig=LfompzySCWF5x44H_dbvgQ