this is the review we expect from fans of arr.what a great
charismatic awesome review.hurray to the person who have taken his
time in writing one of the best ways to write a review.many liked
the songs .but the way he has written speaks about the quality of
writing.

   i bow my head to you with tears in my eyes .this is the way  our
master has to be applauded.our master needs more fans like you.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Sudarsan Rengarajan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Ultimate review.
>
> --
> With Regards,
> Sudarsan Rengarajan
> Mobile: 98809 41422.
>
> On 3/2/06, Thulasi Ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  SPELLBOUNDING REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF THIS
REVIEW?
> > IS IT U? OK, WHOEVER IT IS.... TONS OF APPLAUSE AND
> > CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > EXCELLENT AND NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS REVIEW....
> >
> > MAN IT'S AMAZING AND I M COMPLELTEY STUCK WITH WORDS TO DESCRIBE
THE TRUTH
> > BEHIND THIS GREAT REVEW. STUPENDOUS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > IN ONE WORD, BRILLIANT!
> >

> >  On 3/2/06, k.7. [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >   *Read It Online Here <http://www.geocities.com/craverajj/>*
> >
> > **
> >
> > *Godfather*: Establishing a new province within the Rahmaniac's
heaven!

> > * *
> >

> >   It is indeed a bliss knowing that *Padmashree
A.R.Rahman*, 'the Mozart
> > of Asia', has made a tremendous return down to south India. His
music,
> > inclusive of all magnificent elements has no restriction in
crossing global
> > borders, revealing itself genuinely to people despite their,
cast, creed,
> > religion and ethics. By only spreading the message of love,
A.R.Rahman's
> > music alone has acquired immortality and succeeded to prevail
beyond time.
> > Looking at his recent works, one can concede that A.R.Rahman has
evolved
> > into being extremely versatile in composing music. His music
speaks for
> > itself, be it the acoustically acclaimed ' *Wate*r', which had
music
> > conveyed directly from his heart or the youthful, innovativeness
of '*Rang
> > De Basanti'.* A.R.Rahman's return had very much revolutionized
south
> > Indian film music. This is evident in through His '
*Mayiliragey*', from
> > the film *Anbe Aaruyirea*. This particular song could never fit
into any
> > genre in existences in the Indian music industry today, but it
was accepted
> > by masses due to its melodic specialty and attractive music
presentation.
> > Some works of A.R.Rahman are too discreet to be digested
instantly by
> > masses. But when accepted there will be no turning back. This
applies to his
> > recent musical '*Godfather*'.
> >

> > *GodFather….long awaited treasure chest.*
> >
> > * *
> >
> >   Godfather, is indeed the survivor among odds. The sheer
determination
> > and passion for films instigated director K.S.Ravikumar pull it
trough
> > financialy, defying all odds which occurred during the
production of
> > Godfather. The film had survived very crucial times which at a
time had
> > affirmed fans to doubt its ability to sustain. Many hypes and
rumors thrown
> > at the movie during its production phase which held most fans in
dilemma.
> > The issue finally dawned when the official trailer of the movie
was
> > released, adorned with a promising screenplay which seems to be
musically
> > driven by the music genius A.R.Rahman, making the long wait to
auscultate
> > it fruitful. All songs were depicted genuinely in the trailer;
it was
> > liberation for fans. Fresh, new and awesome were some
spontaneous responses
> > towards the trailer, the credit to it is shared by both
K.S.Ravikumar and
> > A.R.Rahman who have been trustworthy of delivering such fine and
finished
> > output over the past years. Their combo in the past for films
such as *
> > muthu*, *padaiyappa*, and *thenali* were reputed blockbusters.
Godfather
> > will definitely adorn a stature of its own in this enchanting
league.

> > ·        *The Film….an insight ***
> >
> > * *
> >
> > *Godfather a NIC ARTS Production*
> >
> > Director: K.S.Ravikumar
> >
> > Producer: S.S.Chakravarthy
> >
> > Music: A.R.Rahman
> >
> > Editor: K.Thanigachalam
> >
> > Lyrics: Vairamuthu
> >
> > Dialogues: Crazy Mohan
> >
> >              Photography/Cinematography: P.C.Sreeram, Priyan,
> >
> >               Vijay Milton and Chakravarthy
> >
> > Art Direction: Thotta Tharani
> >
> > Stunts: Kanal Kannan
> >
> > Choreography: Raju sundaram
> >
> > Cast: Ajith kumar, Asin, Kanika, Nadiya, Sujatha, Ramesh Kannna
Santhana
> > Barathi,  Ponnambalam, Mansoor Ali Khan, Vaiyaburi, 'Crane'
Manohar,

Godfather<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150742/>,
> > a runaway success trilogy of Hollywood. But K. S. Ravikumar has
churned a
> > *masala* added storyline for his movie 'Godfather' to comfort his
> > audience. According to sources, Ultimate star Ajith Kumar, for
the first
> > time, plays a triple role character in this film. He will embark
on a father
> > role, fascinate us as a eunuch; a villain and enchant us as a
hero. Ajith
> > needed a break into the cine field after his big hit *Attahasam
*and also
> > because of the average feedbacks he received from his recent
*Paramasivam.
> > *Godfather will indeed be his breakthrough currently into the
cine field.

> >     Asin comes in ravishingly as the love lady of the hero Ajith
in the
> > film. She will be playing a very subtle character of witty
village girl
> > according to her recent interview. Her acting would surely
position her high
> > in the tamil film industry after her recent hits like *Ghajin*i,
*Maja*and
> > *Sivakasi, *adds her sources. Five Star fame, Kanika, partakes a
role as
> > second heroine in the movie. She will be playing a mentally
disturbed mother
> > of both the Ajith's and the wife of Ajith acting as their
father. This will
> > be her first debut into a negative role driven to a character
based on
> > hatred and revenge.
> >
> >    All the best of India's film fraternity has been working with
the
> > Godfather's crew. Yes, best art director, best music director,
best
> > cinematographer, best lyricist and more within the Godfather's
team.
> > According to the director, the marvelous sets erected and
sensational
> > shooting location around India has come in handy in portraying
A.R.Rahman's
> > frolicsome music scores. The highlight of the film will be a
bharatanatyam
> > dance performance by the Ajith playing a eunuch. Art director
Thotta Tharani
> > has erected as lavish classical dance hall in Hyderabad costing
Rs. 2 Crores
> > for this song and it will be a classy feast for eyes and ears of
fans he
> > adds. **
> >
> > *    *A team comprising of geniuses or gems of the film industry
is yet to
> > present the most exciting and enjoyable production in Tamil film
> > entertainment, could be sincerely expressed when one comes
across the above
> > names. So being patient in this case will result to a priceless
experience.
> > The wait is laudable.
> >

> > ·        *The Soundtrack…A magnum opus *
> >
> > * *
> >
> >      A.R.Rahman the musical genius of India teaming up with
K.S.Ravikumarhas always been a celebrated combo to deliver music of
a delightful nature.
> > K.S.Ravikumar, a commercial director of a kind bestirs a fine
chemistry
> > musically while associating himself with A.R.Rahman. Looking at
works of
> > A.Rahman with K.S.Ravikumar in the past, in movies like Muthu,
Padaiyappa
> > and Thenali , one could easily predict the music outcomes of
Godfather.
> > Folk, Indian classical and sentimental music styles or genres
are always in
> > favor of K.S.Ravikumar's musical instinct towards his movies.
A.R.Rahmanon the other hand delivers these genres of music with ease
but in a

<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/lyrics/127.html>Kuluvalilae  *

> > Udit
Narayanan<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Udit_Narayanan.h
tml>
> > , Chitra <http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Chitra.html>
> >

> > * <http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/lyrics/133.html>Oruvan
Oruvan  *

> > SP.
Balasubramaniam<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/SP._Balasu
bramaniam.html>

> > * <http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/lyrics/137.html>Thilana
Thilana  *

Sujatha<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Sujatha.html>

> > * <http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/lyrics/4879.html>Kokku
Saiva Kokku

<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Theni_Kunjarammal.html>

> > * <http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/lyrics/4880.html>Vidu
Kathaiya  *

<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Hariharan.html>

Raaga<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000106.html>
Ragaa<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000106.html>

> > A quote from The
Hindu<http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2005/12/31/stories/200512
3101070300.htm>"

<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Srinivas.html>,Nithyashre
e<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Nithyashree.html>

Raaga<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000130.html>
Ragaa<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000130.html>

Hassan<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Kamal_Hassan.html>

<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Hariharan.html>,Chitra<ht
<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Sivaraman.html>

Clinton<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Clinton.html>
<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Dominique.html>

Poornima<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Poornima.html>

<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Shankar_Mahadevan.html>

Raaga<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000270.html>
Ragaa<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000270.html>

> >      A.R.Rahman has applied a similar sort of formula to the
music of
> > Godfather as applied to his past works with K.S. RAVIKUMAR. Folk,
> > classical and sentimental are some genres involved within it.
A.R.Rahmanhas made a bright attempt in introducing rap, techno and
also remixes into
> > this league and it has turned out well. The Soundtrack initially
was slated
> > to have six audio tracks, but later three more tracks were added
to promote
> > the Audio CD. KM MUSIQ <http://www.kmmusiq.com/>, a new Audio
label was
> > introduced, to market the soundtrack of godfather in India.
While AGIMUSIC<http://www.agimusic.com/godfather.html>for the
international market distribution. The credits to this soundtrack
> > are as listed below:
> >

> > *The Track listing*
> >

> > 1. Illamai - Mohammad Aslam/ Tanvi/ Shalini Singh
> >
> > 2. Katril Oru Varthai - S.P.Balasubramaniam / Sadhana Sargam /
Reena
> > Bharadwaj
> >
> > 3. Dinam Deepavali - Kalpana / Sonu Karkar / Leon James / Peer
Mohamed /

PETERS<http://www.rediff.com/style/apr/03peter.htm>

> > RECORDED AT PANCHATHAN RECORD INN, A M STUDIO AND PHASE ONE,
SKYLIGHT
> > (TORONTO)
> >
> > B.GANESH - MUSIC CO - ORDINATOR
> >
> > MIXING ENGINEER - H. SRIDHAR
> >
> > SOUND ENGINEERS - S. SIVA KUMAR, ADITYA MODI AND KARTIK
VISWANATHAN

> > ALL SONGS PUBLISHED BY KM MUSIQ
> >

> >   A spectacular credit lining indeed. Godfather is positively a
precious
> > effort.
> >

> > *The Music Review: Opening the treasure chest…*
> >

> >   Before moving on to what Godfather' s music has to offer, It
is worthy
> > to look at some mediums involved supporting this review in
justifying the
> > greatness of Godfather's Music.
> >

> > *Hardware *
> >
> >    - *Soundcard*:
Creative's<http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?
category=1&subcategory=208&product=14066>X-Fi Xtreme Music audio
processor.

> > "*The Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor packs in
over 51
> > million transistors that churn out over 10,000 MIPS of power!
That is 24
> > times more powerful than its predecessor, the Sound Blaster
Audigy 2 ZS, and
> > is all dedicated to delivering the best audio experience ever! "*
> >
> > * *
> >
> >    - *Speaker System*:
Creative's<http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?
category=4&subcategory=461&product=9306>Gigaworks S750.

> > *"**Creative GigaWorks(r) S750 embodies the power of speaker
technology with
> > its distinguished capabilities that affirm it as a top-of-class
performer.
> > Designed for DVD, gaming and AV enthusiasts, this is the first
THX(r)
> > certified 7.1 multimedia speaker system that features Titanium
Super
> > tweeters."*
> >

> >    - *Headphones:
*Creative's<http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?
category=437&subcategory=438&product=11164>HQ 1700.
> >    **
> >

> > *Software*
> >
> >    - *Media Player:
*Creative's<http://www.soundblaster.com/mediasource/>MediaSource
Player.
> >    **
> >
> > Now getting to the Audio Review...
> >

> >  *Song:* *Ilamai – Blood Rushing Youthfulness - 5:19mins.*
> >
> > * Singers: Mohammad Aslam, Tanvi and Shalini
Singh<http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/14shalinisinghprofi
le.asp>
> > .*
> >
> > * Genre: Pop.*
> >
> > * *
> >
> >    This song is all about youthfulness; the disc guitar greets
us abruptly
> > but spontaneously at the start of the track. The initial start
is grungy,
> > filled with lots of energy lasting till the end. Shalini greets
us hello
> > sounding similar to the voice of Vasundra Dass. Artistic rhythm
loops and
> > some synth patterns adorn the background, increasing the energy
of the song.
> > Tanvi on the other hand does some animal ushering effects in
this song which
> > goes "Trrrerrrrrrrah", amusing. A.R.Rahman has introduced a new
rhythm
> > instrument in this song which is the Trinidadian pan Steel
drum<http://images.google.com.my/images?hl=en&q=Trinidadian%20steel%
20drum&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wi>,
> > it's a sophisticated instrument. It executes high pitched rhythm
pattern
> > while played. This rhythm pattern garnishes the song every time
Aslam goes
> > Oh Ooh at the start of the pallavi. There is so much happening
in this song,
> > for instance notice the chord progression, guitars and synth
weaved together
> > just before Aslam enters into the track, genius effort. The
start is very
> > promising; the song contains some new and fresh elements of
music. This song
> > could be used as an intro song in the movie because of its
energetic value
> > and it seem to describe the characteristics of the hero Ajith in
the movie.
> > Well, let's go on to hear how the song evolves. Very good
rhythmic verbal
> > expressions are used in this song, catchy syllables "thadan dham
dham
> > dham"….is rendered by Aslam, indulging into the melody. Walla!
What follows
> [...]
> > drum beats finally keeps us awake for more music ahead
> >

> > *Singers:* A very successful attempt for Aslam debuting in tamil
after
> > being a phenomenal sensation in Rang De Basanti. Ilammai has
done him proud
> > with an involvement with a good melody requiring his vocal
attention. He has
> > done a clean job with his Tamil pronunciations as well as
dictions, no
> > doubt. Shalini and Tanvi have been in the A.R.Rahman league for
quite a
> > while. They come in good for these kinds of music genres.
> >

> > *Interludes: *Very simple interludes decorate this song. This is
due to
> > the heavy instruments which the song had in store at whole. This
is called a
> > harmonic contrast in musical terms. It's all about tailored
listening. The
> > first interlude begins at 1:35 to 2: 08. A.R.Rahman has done
something new
> > here too, a mixture of vocal and rhythm. A potpourri of vocal by
the singers
> > in harmony is pleasurable. Aslam takes in the center stage with
the country
> > style of yodeling <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yodeling>,
pretty relaxed.
> > The second interlude is also vocal based, centering on the
female leads,
> > with tanvi doing her ushering Trraaah's and the chorus going hip-
ho-hip,
> > shalini renders a string of notes in an ascending and descending
order
> > before Aslam enters into the mainstream melody. Good mixture
indeed.
> > Beautiful chord progressions and rhythm loops accompanies the
vocal this
> > time.
> >

> > *Mood, Melody and Emotions: *A.R.Rahman has started this album
with lots
> > of energy. The pick on a western melody is a definite choice for
this track.
> > Illamai delivers a strong and boosting ambience overall which
makes our foot
> > to tap and hand to clap while hearing it. Bright and colorful
emotions are
> > executed along the course of this track which is delightful.
> >
> > * *
> >
> > *Lyrics: *Vairamuthu has done well penning the lyrics for this
song. The
> > song mostly deals with lyrics talking about the hero's dream
girl or her
> > nature. The pallavi compares parrots with women while the
caranams go on
> > narrating different characters or behaviors regarding young
women the hero
> > dreams of. The phrase " Oh oh oh oh Sofia...ha ha Malika...ha ha
> > Fouzia...oh yachika...ha ha is the hype of the song.
> >

> > *Song: Kaathril Oru vaarthai – A breezy loyal whisper – 6:
04mins.*

> > *Singers: S.P.Balasubramaniam <http://www.spbala.com/>, Sadhana
Sargam
> > <http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-sadhana-
sargam.html>and Reena

<http://media1.commedia.org.uk:8080/ramgen/history/reenabharadwaj.mp3

<http://www.indianmusicalinstruments.com/percussions3.htm> and
> > tinkles of the hand cymbals conquers the melodic atmosphere
subsequently
> > changing the mood of the song. Reena then enters into a Middle
Eastern music
> > mode with Reena singing phrases "hey Hey sahibbah" on air,
melodically
> > interesting. The violin enters in vigorously, proving its music
ability in
> > the song. Then it's back to a full pallavi where the accordion
makes its
> > debut, dramatically enchanting the melody. The melodic boost
here is the
> > bright ascending notes from the keyboard played over the
background. An
> > Undeniable breathtaking start. S.P.B comes in the picture
singing "Snehidi
> > or my girlfriend". When S.P.B renders the caranam the rhythms
sync in with
> > perfect timing, sharpening notes executions in the melody. A
fantastic
> > reverb effect is used from 2: 14 to 2: 16 on the dholak. A
distinct
> > instrumental arrangement occupies the second part of the
caranam. Filled
> > with strings, and guitar, it transmits a dazzling mood shift.
The second
> > caranam is filled with a pitiful synth effect which highlights
the lyrics of
> > the song there. Both S.P.B and sadhana goes on demonstrating
their vocal
> > versatility while rendering the caranams taking on various mood
and hues of
> > sentiment. The beats of the song moves unsoiled while handling
different
> > parts of the song. The rhythm transition is so perfect that
moods are
> > unpredictable directly flattering the soul of a listener. The
track moves on
> > to flourish on more melodic creativity. S.P.B breaks in an
unusual feel
> > while he renders the pallavi for the first time at the end of
the song. The
> > duet in the pallavi is luxurious; it just heightens the
emotional bliss of a
> > listener. The song ends with Sadhana's "Hey hey snehida or hey
hey my
> > boyfriend" and a sharp execution of the dholak. Just amazing.
> >

> > *Singers: *An incredible vocal line-up evoking a music paradise
at
> > instant. A distinct music adaptability of S.P.B. makes him one
of the most
> > sort after playback singer in India. He proved his versatile
vocal execution
> > in Ah Aah's Thazhuvudu Nazhuvudu in R & B genre. Now a
sentimental genre?
> > What more lies ahead for him is capricious. Sadhana on the other
hand is the
> > female counterpart of S.P.B. She devours the finest of what
music has to
> > offer. The duo lends beauty to this song not only by their vocal
but Tamil
> > dictions. Both of them are amateurs in the A.R.Rahman league.
Reena had
> > her share of fame in Menaaxi's Hey Rishta and the recent duet
with Kavitha
> > krishnamurty in Mangal pandey's Mai vari Vari. Although new, she
is riding
> > high with her vocal chords.
> >

> > *Interludes: *Two stunning interludes support this song. The
first one
> > from 1: 36 to 2: 03. The strings take part actively in the first
interlude.
> > Every dynamic violin strokes is responded with a sharp rhythmic
expression
> > based on the Middle Eastern style creating a unique fusion at
whole. The
> > whole atmosphere of the interlude is transformed into a subtle
sequence when
> > S.P.B. and Sadhana comes into its next phase. The subtle version
> > highlights their vocals with the support of the accordion. The
second
> > interlude from 3: 15 to 3: 55 takes us into another dimension of
the song.
> > This interlude is vibrant, having a tremolo effect on S.P.B.'s
rhythmic
> > syllable rendering. The strings cry to a brighter tune along
with the piano
> > and the accordion here. The chord progression here is something
to watch out
> > for. Then as the first interlude, the magical tune manifests
into the main
> > mood of the song having the strings section making the first
move. Wow mind
> > blowing!
> >

> > *Mood, Melody and Emotion: *The song doesn't totally put you in
somber.
> > There are brighter sequences in the melody which portray a
blissful mood.
> > Take for instance the start of the second interlude. The melody
has shades
> > of the carnatic ragas Natabhairavi and Sindhubhairavi. Both
ragas were used
> > extensively in Alaipauthey's "Snehidhane Snehidhane". These
ragas are
> > perfect help in bringing out that accurate mood proportions of
the song. The
> > emotion characterized in this song is the longing for love, and
mixed love
> > confessions made by the hero and heroin. A fine love song indeed.
> >

> > *Lyrics: *The lyrics for this song are spectacular. There phrase
kaathril
> > Orr vaarthai itself is enough to inject high dosage of
astonishment into

Kakkar<http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040627/spectrum/main7.htm>,
> > Leon James, Peer Mohammed and Ranjith.*
> >
> > *Genre: Indian Folk.*
> >
> > * *
> >
> >    The Deepavali mood hits on you instantly while listening to
this track.
> > The song starts playfully having Leon James render "thottapuram
Sondhapuram"
> > the D.U.C.K effect is used on the boy's voice here. With less
traces of
> > electronic rhythm, the melody is adorned with attractive verbal
rhythms (0:
> > 00 – 0:10) or beat box in colloquial terms by Leon. The bass
guitar slides
> > in providing the chord support to the melody with a fantastic 3
notes vibe
> > produced by the keyboard. Suddenly the rhythm beats ascend and
descents for
> > a short while then moving into a crash of heavy rhythms and
synth effects.
> > The high – pitched piccolo is used to express the mode of the
melody. Sonu
> > Kakkar then shatters the ambience with her energetic execution
of the
> > Pallavi. The pallavi is powefull, filled with many music
elements leaving
> > listeners with goosebumps. The part where two same tamizh
syllable "li"
> > which occurs in the pallavi, stressed with chords is
mesmerizing. Leon comes
> > in doing chorus again on "thottapuram" with a wonderful voice
modulation.
> > Then it's Ranjith and Peer mohammed turn to fill in the lead
with the same
> > lines as Leon did. The melodic arrangements remain the same
here. The folk
> > flavor is stressed through usage of Tamizh words such as "doi"
and "hoi" in
> > the song. The phrases are also melodically stressed with chord
transitions.
> > A.R.Rahman has arranged a unique music progression style for
this song.
> > Making it a distinct folk song that you've never come across
before. The
> > usage tisra nadai or 3 beat rhythm cycle as in thakkita jhannu
ta, dhimmi ta
> > is good choice to execute folk genres at rhythamic perspective.
Kalpana
> > debuts in, singing unusual telugu lyrics in the Tamizh song. She
also sings
> > from 1: 36 to 1: 44 in the song. Now, the only way to
differentiate Sonu and
> > Kalpana is by their Tamizh diction or accent. The caranams are
mostly
> > rendered in duet forms accept for some parts in the second
caranam. A lot of
> > synthetic music effects are used to lift this folk song from its
natural
> > characteristics. The pan effect or an effect to direct musical
elements over
> > the left stereo channel to the right stereo channel or vice-
versa is widely
> > used in this song. There are some exclusive sangathi's or melodic
> > modulations used when Sonu sings the pallavi from 4: 36 to 4: 40
in the
> > song. The abundance of musical elements used in this song
progresses rapidly
> > within the course of melody, giving listeners a radical music
ambience
> > alteration. Chord progressions are all over this song taking its
pride in
> > lifting some distinctive sequences in the track. The song end's
with sonu
> > singing "dinam dinam, and the drum beats get wild here. The
beats represent
> > the bursting effects of fireworks and lovely chimes bid goodbye
along with
> > the piccolo at the end. That's a grand exit.
> >

> > *Singers:* A great crew with positive vocal accent dazzles this
song,
> > could be sincerely expressed when one listens to this song. Both
Sonu and
> > kalpana have high pitched and grungy voices, suiting the folk
backdrop. This
> > is sonu's debut into tamizh and into A.R.Rahman's League. She
has done
> > fabulous at her first attempt. Kalpana has rendered Taj
Mahal's "Thiruppachi
> > Aruvaaley". She has good voice structure. Leon James is a new
find but with
> > exceptional singing talent at a young age. Peer Mohamed and
Ranjith have
> > done justice to their debut into A.R.Rahman's league. Both of
them have
> > very tonal voice and fresh vocal chords which the Indian music
industry
> > craves for currently.
> >

> > *Interludes: *The first interlude which is from 1: 44 to 2: 15
is a vocal
> > mixture which consists of both Sonu and Leon rendering lead
vocals. Sonu
> > takes a leap into the scenario with a powerful high pitched
OHkaram (a
> > continuous apprehended music note with a syllable usually
vowels, in Indian
> > classical music). The strings of the guitar accompany her here.
When she
> > starts singing deepaavali the rhythms come in highlighting the
tabla usage
> > with forceful beats. Then Leon renders the Telegu lyrics in
harmony. Sonu
> > again finishes the piece with her Ohkaram before leading to the
mainstream
> > melody. The second interlude is from 3: 19 to 3: 54. There is
lots of
> > improvisation done in the second interlude. The first part is
filled with
> > very synthetic rhythm and vocal loops having tremolo and phased
effect. This
> > is suddenly changed into a different music mode with Sonu and
kalpana
> > rendering Indian classical swaras or notes "Ni dha pa" but
alternated with a
> > phased or radio edited voice and a normal voice of both of them.
The tabla
> > usage is highlighted at this part giving more classical feel to
the
> > sequence.
> >

> > *Mood, Melody and Emotion*: The mood of this song is joy and
contentment.
> > The folk genre used, has been a big support in revealing these
moods. The
> > usage of children choruses and the piccolo, an instrument from
the flute
> > family heightens these modes, bringing them to live. Beats or
rhythm of
> > various hues and speed also brings satisfaction. The melody
overall is based
> > on folk style and talking about folk the raga commonly
associated with this
> > genre is Sankarabharanam, Harikambhoji and Ananabhairavi. The
raga evident
> > in this song is Harikambhoji or Khamaaj. Harikambhoji was
brightly displayed
> > during the second interlude where swaras were sung in the song.
The Emotion
> > the song transmits is mostly happiness and all other positive
feelings.

> > *Lyrics*: The lyric in this song communicates a celebration. A
joyous
> > celebration which takes place in rural area of India where joy
remains
> > eternal. The song also share love chats between two lovers on
how they
> > should behave in this kind of celebration where everyone meets.
Good
> > positive lyrics explain their witty behaviors. The Telugu lyrics
in between
> > creates hype in the song. An experiment on tamil words and
Indian musical
> > notes is evident in the second interlude. Where sonu sings Ni
Dha Pa
> > followed by a phrase Nidaapa which means it's you. A creative
effort.

> > *Song: Innisai Alapadaiye – Melodic Poetry – 5: 14mins*
> >
> > *Singers: Naresh Iyer and Mahati*
> >
> > *Genre: Indian Semi Classical*
> >
> > * *
> >
> >   One of those gem studded attempts that people find for within
A.R.Rahman's
> > treasure chest of music. This classical attempt is a gem of its
kind. The
> > initial start pulls us aside
Srinivas<http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/02srinivasprofil
e.asp>rendering some beautifull sollakattu's or melodic beats in
sync with a range
> > of Indian classical instruments which are the
Mridangam<http://images.google.com.my/imgres?
imgurl=http://www.carnatica.net/sangeet/mridangam.jpg&imgrefurl=http:
//www.carnatica.net/sangeet/mridangam.htm&h=261&w=324&sz=13&tbnid=HM8
kxfHJuRRz1M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=114&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%
3Dmridangam%26svnum%3D>,
> > Ghatam<http://images.google.com.my/imgres?
imgurl=http://www.carnatica.net/sangeet/mridangam.jpg&imgrefurl=http:
//www.carnatica.net/sangeet/mridangam.htm&h=261&w=324&sz=13&tbnid=HM8
kxfHJuRRz1M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=114&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%
3Dmridangam%26svnum%3D>and
> > Moorsing<http://images.google.com.my/imgres?
imgurl=http://www.carnatica.net/sangeet/mridangam.jpg&imgrefurl=http:
//www.carnatica.net/sangeet/mridangam.htm&h=261&w=324&sz=13&tbnid=HM8
kxfHJuRRz1M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=114&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%
3Dmridangam%26svnum%3D>.
> > In sync here mean perfect timing the moorsing is played at the
same tempo as
> > the others and it's not easy to maintain this trough out  since
this
> > instrument vibrates greatly. As the jathiswarams evolves the
madhyama (F
> > flat) pitched drone by the tambura comes into the backdrop
giving a
> > rewarding feel to the soul of listeners. The jathiswasram
rendering builds
> > into a crescendo lavishly ending with the female chorus taking
on lyrics
> > "achil vaarthai" What lies beyond is unpredictable now but it
unfolds
> > mysteriously. The acoustic guitar strike notes "Sa,Ga, Ma"
backing the
> > vocals while other instruments like the kanjira lends another
hue brightly
> > into the melody turning it into a paradise. Then the rhythm
instruments
> > build into a crescendo welcoming Naresh Iyer to enter into the
melody. The
> > start Innisai is subtle without rhythms when naresh burst in the
rhythms
> > joins him surprisingly when he finishes the word "…alapadaiye".
The
> > beautiful ascending and descending keys of the piano in the
background
> > evokes the rasa or feel or shringara (love) and it's divine. The
rhythms are
> > constantly on Catushra Nadai (four beat rhythm cycle) of Adi
Tala here with
> > Naresh's lustful tonal voice mostly executed on air. The whole
ambience of
> > the song is fantastic when the chords join in the melody. Then
suddenly when
> > naresh moves on to render salanggaigal olikka, the strings moves
vribrantly
> > with "thom thom tanananana thana thoooom" stunning Hindustani
bhols which
> > are counterparts of the carnatic jathiswaram moves on very
subtle along with
> > the flow of the piano keys, splendid. Naresh along with female
chorus
> > renders "acchil vazhom…", with the khan brothers coming along
weaving
> > attractive bhols into the melody. Then moving on, the female
chorus renders
> > the Pallavi in ecstasy. The song continues to unravel its beauty
when Naresh
> > renders the caranam "ezhuvai…" accompanied by the bhols again
with the
> > Guitar striking Sa,Ga,ma clearly all over the song. Naresh moves
to the
> > thara stayi or upper octive rendering the same caranam lyrics
while mahati
> > is introduced to the melody having her hum in responds to naresh
orders. The
> > last two word tiruvai and taruvai is rendered in madhyamakala or
middle
> > speed when naresh repeats it for the second time.. Mahati cleanly
> > establishes an alaap with implausible reverbs. She reminds us of
Nityashree
> > Mahadevan here.  The chords and bhols are breath taking at this
point.
> > Mahati then executes the later part of the caranam with pride,
accompanied
> > with the bhols later on. When mahati renders the caranam, a
synthetic music
> > effect is used in between 3: 10 to 3:14 moving along unparallel
with the
> > rhythm pattern of the song .Then its naresh turn to perform his
lines. He
> > heads high in notes giving birth to different bhols execution by
the khan
> > brothers. Both naresh and mahati take turns to render the
pallavi. Another
> > synthetic sound effect is added from 4:18 to 4: 20. Things get
vigorous as
> > the mridangam is substituted for the Pakawaj, its cousin from
the north.
> > Both Naresh and mahati joins the chorus rendering acchil with
delight.
> > Naresh ends the song in solo by extending the syllable yeaaa and
fading it
> > out. Srinivas appears again building the rhythms into crescendo
with his
> > jathiswarams. An enchanting departure. This song unites both
south and North
> > Indian classical music disciplines and elements.
> >

> > *Innisai Alapadaiye (Remix): *The remixed version of this song
has only an
> > improvised interlude. The interlude starts with vigourus drums
beat and
> > vocals going "oh yah". There is also the yodeling effect here.
The rhythmic
> > pattern change into folkish beats called the koothu melam. With
flat
> > tambourine shaped drums accompanied by whistles. The song then
transits to
> > the main melody.
> >

> > *Singers: *There is quite a number of singers involved pushing
this song
> > to success. A.R.Rahman has been exploiting this young talent and
whom he
> > believes is going to hike high in the Indian Music industry.
Yeah, he is
> > Naresh Iyer, after the massive debut hit of Ah Aah "Mayilirage"
he sung in a
> > string of melodies in Rang De Basanti, and now a classical
genre. Naresh has
> > done A.R.Rahman proud; he indeed has talent and versatility. In
this song,
> > Naresh has sung with a tonal voice and it's a great experiment.
Mahati who
> > is currently making waves in the industry debuts for
A.R.R.Rahman. She has
> > good voice modulation and energy in it. Her classical voice
accent is
> > matured and intricate. The khan brothers joins the team again
this time
> > rendering very lustful bhols in raga malkauns. Their Noor-Un-Ala
from
> > Meenaxi was a definition of tranquility. Srinivas has done a
beautiful job
> > rendering the jathiswarams. He is a talented singer in the
industry that
> > needs to be used more often. Minsara Poove of Padaiyappa was his
> > breakthrough working with A.R.Rahman
> >

> > *Interludes: *There is only one spectacular interlude in this
song. It
> > occurs between 2: 06 to 2: 39. Huge wind instruments like the
trombone along
> > with the strings and cymbals thumps on heavily, making the
atmoshpere kind
> > of situational. Then the khan brothers enter in taking your
breath away.
> > They sing in different pitches providing a harmonic bhol
execution. The
> > dynamic beats of the Pakhawaj and, leg bells provoke ecstasy. A
precious
> > interlude.
> >

> > *Mood, Melody and Emotion: *The mood of love in on air. The song
doesn't
> > posses heavy sangathis not to be very classical. The
contemporary style of
> > composing in this song, uproots feelings of yearning or lustful
mode. The
> > mixture of bhols and Jathiswarams is the soul stirrer. The
melody is based
> > on Raga Hindolam or Malkauns a raga which A.R.Rahman has used
before the
> > hit remix Thottal Poo Malarum from Ah Aah. The raga speaks
another dimension
> > here. It brings out love and compassion within the listeners.
> >

> > *Lyrics: *The lyrics used in this song are highly poetic as well
as
> > grammatical. The words in the pallavi are grammatic which
goes "innisai
> > alapadaiye Illamaiyin nankodaye" These tamil words have never
been used ever
> > in tamil film songs. The composure of the word strikes into the
soul even if
> > we could not understand it. The lyrics go on to tell the love
yearnings of
> > the lovers.
> >

> > * *
> >
> > *Song: Kamma Karaiyile – A folk Reverie – 5: 29mins*
> >
> > *Singers: Naresh Iyer and Sowmya*
> >
> > *Genre: Contemporary Folk*
> >

> >    The comical OoH wah OOOh Wah Syllables greets the song
unexpectedly.
> > The single rhythm beats raises expectation of what lies further.
The subtle
> > beats have changed into dandiya style massively. With lots of
vocal
> > involvement in the melody now, the song moves rapidly. The
beautiful "Kamma
> > Kamma…" takes its position after a crescendo of beats. Sowmya in
a high
> > pitched voice ejects wonder. The background is filled with
lavish effects
> > melody and
> >
> > [Message clipped]
> >

> > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.
> > Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
> >
> > Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> > Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

t=ms&k=New+music+artists&w1=New+music+artists&w2=New+country+music+ar
tists&w3=Christian+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned
+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=E_9K3EUS5Nq4XC2NVEcHVg> New
> > country music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=New+country+music+artists&w1=New+music+artists&w2=New+country+
music+artists&w3=Christian+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=
Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=CzMbarcQjQpbSM3H1Hphpg>
Christian
> > music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Christian+music+artists&w1=New+music+artists&w2=New+country+mu
sic+artists&w3=Christian+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Un
signed+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=5KufVIKLfB07Wr3qJvKlqA>  Country
> > music artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Country+music+artists&w1=New+music+artists&w2=New+country+musi
c+artists&w3=Christian+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsi
gned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=RoBRazQDpYdvjsJAZDKtKA> Unsigned
> > music artist<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Unsigned+music+artist&w1=New+music+artists&w2=New+country+musi
c+artists&w3=Christian+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsi
gned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=43FFBkSzom8m0Asp4UvM8Q>
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<arrahmanfans-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>