In past few tamil movies, ARR's BGM work was average. He mostly
reworks the song tunes and present them in instrumental form. I
recently heard the 14 additional tracks from Ah Aah. I am sad to say
there was nothing special in them to release it in audio form. There
was only 1 theme which keeps repeating nearly 10 times. The remaining
were instrumental versions of the song.
When HJ and YSR are receiving good review for their BGM work, its sad
that ARR lags behind in that dept for the past 2-3 movies.
At the same time ARR is ROCKING in hindi movie BGMs. This may imply
that ARR gets less time to work on BGMs for tamil movies.
Its hope ARR to ROCK with tamil BGMs too in upcoming movies,
especially Sivaji. ARR has always done decent job for Rajini movies.
No 1 can forget the "Oongal theme" in Padayappa. And I really admired
his BGMs in BABA. He has really done great job even though he was not
given enough time for that.
Some recent articles stated that ARR is keen to rock in all depts in
his upcoming movies. Lets hope for the best.