Bhansali and Rahman would undoubtedly be a deadly combination.  However, I
feel that Bhansali made the right choice in choosing Monty to compose the
entire soundtrack of Saawariya.  Just look at the magic they've created in
teh background scores of HDDCS, Devdas, and BLACK.  For some reason, I dont'
think that Rahman's sense of music and Bhansali's vision really cross paths.
  As I had written in a review, the chemistry between music director and
film director is a very keen and distinct one.  The respect that Bhansali
and Monty share for one another in something special and the chemistry
shows.  I think Monty is mastermind musician and is very underrated.  Yes,
it would be wonderful to see Rahman and Bhansali hook up, but not just yet!

Cheers,
Aakash