hi friends...

as i mentioned b4 i read this article loooong back, i m jotting down wotever i remember abt that article..

this lyricist Bharanikavu Shivakumar went to R K Sekhar's home in chennai. He and Boss's father were talking in the room. Then ARR who was 7 then ( i dun remember the age exactly) in the room and started playing a tune in Harmonium. R K Sekhar asked ARR " Marupadiyum Vaasi " He played again . ARR's dad was impressed and told the lyricist that they will use this tune for the movie they were doing. and thats how this song was composed..

so i hope this will clear ur doubts.. ARR didnt exactly "composed" the whole song...

I m still looking for that magazine which i lost somewhere.. if any lucks i ll scan n send it to the group ( i 've least hope though)

Regards

Swapna

lakshmi_b_sriram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hai friends,
I too would like to agree with Raghu. The music does sound lively
but matured enough to assume that it has been composed by someone
who has been in the industry for quite sometime. Traditional musical
instruments have been used, so i wouldnt presume that our Boss would
have composed the entire song. Just a guess, though. Would be really
great if someone clears it for us.

Cheers,
Lakshmi.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "arr_raghu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VHFNDATB9UC32QPWKYRWDSMTW

> > but i think we don't need to just guess if the story really
happened
> > like muneer wrote below. we could ask the only person who should
be
> > knowing it best. vijay, please ask arr if this story is genuine.
it
> > would be nothing less than sensational if its true. anyway, i
like
> > the song. and if its not arr's, then it's his fathers.
> >
> > read muneer's post below for details:

> > > muneer <muneerdesign@> wrote:
> > > A new story regarding ar rahman's arrival to cinema music is
find
> > in
> > > Malayalam Magazine.
> > >                                         A famous Poet named
> > Baranikavu
> > > Shivakumar said in an interview that he did the lyrics for
> > arrahman's
> > > first movie song. When he was working for a film
called "PenPada",
> > the
> > > music director was R.K.Shekhar(rahman's father).Totally 4 song
> > > compose. he composed 3 song and take a break. That time 11
year old
> > ar
> > > rahman came and play some music bits in Harmonium. All are
> > surprised
> > > and ask him to do the full song. Everyone like it and take
that to
> > > movie.Its titled "Vellithen Kinnam Pol" and sung by
Jayachandran.

> > raycas

Regards,
Sooraj & Swapna

Rahmania ... the ultimate fan station www.rahmania.net

Christian music artists New country music artists Music artists
Country music artists New music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS