guys stop comparing the copy cat ysr with arr

On 4/5/06, rohitthegenius1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i guess people who were ARR fans & Sachin's fans were also Aaamir's
fans. bcos if v can say sachin & ARR hav similar achievements, aamir &
sachin hav similar achievements (Sunday Times sometime in 2001).
all three have proven themselves time and again when their critics hav
written them off. all of them are ACHIEVERS!!!
--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "world peace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
>

> On 4/3/06, Nabeel [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > A.R.Rahman & Sachin Tendulkar - A comparison
> > Many people who became die-hard Rahman fans in the 90s were also
> > hardcore Sachin fans (including me!). I have seen this in many
> > cases... My friend Radhakrishnan who is also a Rahmaniac also was of
> > the same opinion! I think this phenomenon is not without a reason,
> > the reason being similarities between the two. Got this interesting
> > comparison by Maddy, from ForumHub:
> >

> > A startling but very logical coincidences between 2 of the greatest
> > men of 90's......they characterised the 90's and were icons of the
> > youth at that time......just see the startling similarities between
> > these 2:
> >
> > Entry into their respective fields:
> >
> > A.R.Rahman (ARR): 1992
> > Sachin Tendulkar (SRT): 1989
> >

> > They were an instant hit because:
> > ARR: Blasting music, classical songs at a very young age
> > SRT: Swashbuckling batting and a great cricketing sense at a very
> > young age
> >
> > How they stood out from others?
> > ARR: First to bring digital touch to Indian music and compose fusion
> > that no one else dares to think off.
> > SRT: First to explore the first 15-over restriction, score centuries
> > at bouncy, tough tracks like Perth.
> >
> > As time moved on:
> > ARR: Stopped producing blasting music, instead delivered Classical
> > melodies like Taal, Swades, Bose, Meenaxi and Tehzeeb out of
maturity.
> > SRT: Stopped going over the top to bowlers, instead played exquisite
> > drives and late cuts and produced innings with a lot of maturity.
> >
> > Character similarity:
> > ARR: Shy towards media and lets his keyboard answer his critics
> > SRT: Shy towards media and lets his bat answer his critics
> >
> > Media point of view:
> > ARR: Darling of Mumbai and London press
> > SRT: Darling of Mumbai and London press
> >
> > International attention:
> > ARR: Admired by Andrew Lloyd Webber , Micheal jackson (who wore a t-
> > shirt having Rahman's photo on it) and many other international
music
> > reviewers who want him to compose for Hollywood films.
> > SRT: Adored by the man himself the "DON" Bradman and Mike Atherton
> > (who compared Sachin to W.G.Grace) and a never ending list of
> > Australian, English, Kiwi, WestIndian players.
> >
> > Earnings:
> > ARR: Draws 1 Crore/ film, ambassador of Bharti telecom, sizzled with
> > the Airtel ad
> > SRT: Unimaginable money on contracts with big commercial giants.
> > Sizzles in Pepsi ads.
> >
> > Records:
> > ARR: 4 national awards, 17 filmfare awards, his music sold 210
> > million copies around the world (more than Britney and Madonna put
> > together!!) and success rate of 80%+ album sales in Indian movies.
> > SRT: Look at this for a record: 37 ODI centuries, 35 TEST centuries,
> > 13,000+ runs in ODI's, 44+ average in ODI's and 58+ average in
Tests.
> > What else u can ask for?
> >
> > Popularity:
> > ARR: Has a huge fan following in India and in south he is a demi-god
> > and captures the imagination of NRI's throughout the world
> > SRT: According to a survey, he is the most popular man in the
Country
> > edging out the Prime Minister and Shah-Rukh-Khan. He is popular even
> > in places like U.S where the game is not that popular (featured in
an
> > exclusive article in an American sports magazine)
> >
> > Career Graph & Present form:
> > ARR: Had fabulous nineties with all his albums doing well in this
> > time. Reached dizzying heights during this period. Have had flops
> > with major banners
> > since 2001, which got the critics interested. Had a great 2003
within
> > this lean patch with Boys creating sales records. His fans base
> > however is intact, proved that with success of Ah Aah album.
> >
> > SRT: The star of 90's, his batting propelled him into a youth icon
> > status in India and was concurred with many awards from the
> > government. Being pressurized by the detractors for a imaginary loss
> > of form and injury worries since 2001. Had a great world cup 2003
> > scoring runs at will. Recently has had a good innings in a one-day
> > match to prove that he is still fit.
> > (Their career-graph is one of the most fascinating things I have
ever
> > noticed, they always seem to have good times together. Bad times
also
> > coincides for both of them)
> >
> > Fans:
> > ARR: Die-hard fans want him to go back to 90's style of composing
> > SRT:Never say die fans want him to take up 90's style of
> > swashbuckling batting.
> >
> > Successors:
> > ARR: His successors like Yuvan Shankar Raja and Himesh Reshammiya
are
> > more successful than him right now but no way near to him in terms
of
> > class.
> > SRT: Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Kaif are more popular with people than
> > him right now but as the old west-Indian saying goes: "Form is
> > temporary, but class is permanent".
> >
> > Duplicates:
> > ARR: Has a duplicate called Harris Jeyaraj who not only copies ARR's
> > music and composing style but also his hairstyle and way of speaking
> > in interviews.
> > SRT: Virendar Sehwag, a natural duplicate of sachin with looks and
> > batting style similar to him. Called "Najafgarh ka Tendulkar".
> > (Najafgarh is Virendar Sehwag's hometown.)
> >
> > Where will they end up?:
> > ARR: Probably will put India into the world map of music and create
> > records which upcoming Indian M.D's can't even dream of.
> > SRT: It would probably take an android or a special species of human
> > being to erase his record in Cricket. Will always be remembered as
> > the greatest ever batsman of modern era.
> >

> > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.
> > Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
> >
> > Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> > Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >   Country music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Country+music+artists&w1=Cou\
ntry+music+artists&w2=Christian+music+artists&w3=New+country+music+artis\
ts&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=g-pRV-Ve\
Sutpsnf98ogKKQ> Christian
> > music
artists< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Christian+music+artists&w1=C\
ountry+music+artists&w2=Christian+music+artists&w3=New+country+music+art\
ists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=2xULfZ\
nJIwOkBmSGO1pRYQ> New
> > country music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=New+country+music+artists&w1\
=Country+music+artists&w2=Christian+music+artists&w3=New+country+music+a\
rtists&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=l_4e\
zILp_QMVewUIt7XLVA>  New
> > music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=New+music+artists&w1=Country\
+music+artists&w2=Christian+music+artists&w3=New+country+music+artists&w\
4=New+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=WOnmJ0uvCXRX\
cwlqxQx8Zg> Unsigned
> > music
artist< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Unsigned+music+artist&w1=Coun\
try+music+artists&w2=Christian+music+artists&w3=New+country+music+artist\
s&w4=New+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=Qg85tmiPK\
DLcEB_PVOjobA>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] @yahoogr\
oups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>