hi tanyaagha, mine is
"Maangalyam Thanthunaanae Mamajeevana Heythunaa!" (Alai Paayuthey) WooW! ARR has given a new dimension to this sacred shloka in Woofer Sound ! normally shlokas does not need such graphic equalizers as for plain recitations or even songs like gayatri mantra albums etc. but ARR has elevated this important shloka in a new form and definitely i wud like to mention this one as, really a 3-dimensional sound with our traditions and rituals echoing deep into our feelings with an ultra-modern effect. And similarly if u take for BGMs, i like to mention Dil Se because the raagaa completely handled in Dil Se is called Sumaneesa Ranjani where carnatic musicians used to render a lot of light devotional songs in this raag. Probably ARR had inspiration from such songs to use for BGM. thanks Pankaj

tanyaagha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I started this topic/game a while back and received an overwhelming
response. I like reading about what song comes to mind your mind first
when you think of A R Rahman. NOTE: This does not mean that you are
picking a song or stating that it is necessarily your favorite. A couple
of people got the wrong idea.If fact I dont want you guys to just state
your favorite because it is. Just list the first one you think of. What
I want you guys to do is clear your head for 10 seconds and then think
of A R Rahman. Which song comes to your mind first?  I hope all of you
enjoy this, I know a lot of people did last time. I want to see if
people thoughts have changed. It is just for fun.

Ok, lets start with me.

Okay I'm clearing my head for 10 seconds...

Think A R Rahman....

First song that comes to mind is...    Girlfriend from Boys

thanks Pankaj

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS