Hi there,

I just mentioned Yanni because i felt it would be a worldly
combination if OUR BOSS works with him..

Anyway here is something about YANNI............

Along with Slim Whitman, Ray Stevens, and Kenny G, New Age artist
Yanni is one of those inexplicable music curiosities who rode to the
top of the charts on a sea of critical incredulity. Dismissed by one
reviewer as a "musical Fabio," Yanni is known not so much for the
music he makes as the sensation he creates. His albums and videos have
sold multiple millions worldwide, and he has personally saved more
than a few public television stations with his prodigious pledge-drive
potency.

Born Yanni Chryssomallis in Kalamata, Greece, the future New Age
superstar was a national swimming champion in his teens. After
immigrating to the United States in 1972, he passed up a career in
clinical psychology to pursue his creative muse full time. A
self-taught musician, Yanni began composing in his head, relying on
collaborators to put his orchestrations down on paper. He released his
first full-length album, Keys to Imagination, in 1986.

The "Yanni sound" changed very little over the next several years.
Gauzy strains of synthesizer continued to waft insidiously down upon
the listener, as vaguely Mediterranean-sounding hooks are stated and
restated by various instruments. The music incorporated elements of
classical, New Age, and world beat into a sonic melange that one
unfavorable reviewer called "aural wallpaper." Even Yanni himself
often referred to the plastic arts when describing it. "Music is like
creating an emotional painting," he explained. "The sounds are
colors." Colors derived from an irritatingly narrow spectrum,
according to some critics, who found Yanni's repetition of musical
themes numbingly aggravating. Despite these brickbats, however, the
Greek tycoon's record sales climbed throughout the 1980s.

Yanni's live appearances became major moneymakers as well, as the
mustachioed and classically handsome composer developed a large and
devoted fan following. For concerts, Yanni assembled a multi-piece
orchestra with instrumentation culled from virtually every continent,
over which he would preside beatifically from behind a stack of
keyboards. Yanni often staged his appearances at major international
landmarks, like the Taj Mahal and China's Forbidden City. These
lavishly mounted productions generated enormous viewership for public
television stations across America and were aired repeatedly during
pledge weeks. On one Saturday night in 1994, his concert documentary
at Greece's Acropolis helped one PBS affiliate raise over $50,000 in
pledges. A number of PBS stations even canceled a previously scheduled
Andy Williams special to rebroadcast Yanni's performance.

Befitting his superstar status, Yanni cultivated a personal life
designed to keep him in the crosshairs of the paparazzi. In 1989, the
then little-known Yanni began dating Linda Evans, star of TV's
Dynasty. The flaxen-haired beauty reportedly was won over by the
sinewy Greek's command of the music of the spheres. They would remain
a couple until 1998, when conflicts over the directions of their
respective careers compelled them to end the relationship.

Indeed, much of Yanni's success has been attributed to his appeal to
women. But the New Age superstar has bristled at the suggestion that
his cover-of-a-romance-novel appearance drove his record sales. He
claimed the bulk of his fan mail comes not from sex-starved housewives
but from the homebound and the infirm, who find his music soothing.
Some have even ascribed healing powers to Yanni's compositions, a
claim the composer modestly deflected away.

"I don't see myself as a peacemaker at all or anything like that," he
told the Orange County Register in 1998, "I'm merely standing in one
place saying it's possible for us to do this, for people of the world
to share in my music. If I can play even a minute role in something
like that in my lifetime, then I will have accomplished something
special."

Yanni's earthly mission continued to draw adherents throughout the
1990s. In early 1999, he sold out ten dates at New York's Radio City
Music Hall. Other performers have even followed his path to success,
the critics be damned. The composer and former Entertainment Tonight
host John Tesh appeared to have schooled on Yanni's PBS-driven
marketing plan, replete with extravagantly produced performances at
such notable sites as Red Rocks, Nevada.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "parimi sreekar"