Yes, just like how he entered the indian film music, composing bits
and pieces in jingles and suddenly with a big blast!!

lets hope that happens soon. he was mentioning about Baz Luhrmann
(Moulin Rouge) in cnn interview.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Gomtesh Upadhye"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ho Pankaj,
>
> What you are saying is true but i feel that these small singles and
samples
> will actually get him recognition and people can then await for a big
> project .Its like an American goes "Hey lets watch this movie.The
music is
> by the guy who had that rocking song in inside man " Cheers,
>
> Gomzy
>

> On 4/18/06, Pankaj Kakkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  hi frnds
> > i dont understand why arr should allow such credits to any movie.
if he
> > restricts this, he might be apporached by the hollywood biggies to
score
> > afresh for them, where his reaching of heights will be attained
atlast to
> > good extent. is it not? by this way the hollywood guys will be
knowing abt
> > an entire BGM things/songs from arr's work and not just a portion
like this
> > is not needed. becoz there are repetitions like bombay theme used
in the
> > Fire movie by deepa mehta and also in Lord of war now. and i think
arr can
> > avoid this. ur views guys in this plse ???? thanks pankaj
> >

> > *Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> >
> > Chaiyya Chaiyya plays in Hollywood
> >
> > Arthur J Pais |        April     17, 2006 21:11 IST
> >
> >     Eight years ago, perhaps two million people heard the song Chaiyya
> > Chaiyya in movie theatres while watching the film Dil Se. By
Sunday, at
> > least 18 million movie fans will have heard the song, not once but
twice, in
> > more than 3,000 theatres in over a dozen countries including America,
> > Canada, Britain and Italy, after watching the hit film Inside Man.
The movie
> > is in
> > its fourth week. With more countries to be added, the thriller
starring
> > Denzel Washington and directed by Spike Lee will soon have many more
> > millions listening to the song at the very start of the film. And
at its
> > end.
> >
> > The song has nothing to do with the film's theme, except that it
caught
> > Spike Lee's attention when the musical Bombay Dreams with A R
Rahman's music
> > was on Broadway over a year ago. Chaiyya Chaiyya was one of its
highlights.
> > The song sequence also received applause in the London version
where, unlike
> > on Broadway, the show was a big hit.
> >
> > There are two versions of the song in Inside Man, which opened at the
> > number one position in North America three weeks ago, and has
grossed a
> > strong $115 million worldwide so far. The first time, we hear the
original
> > recording, with a bit of enhanced music. The second time around, a
hip-hop
> > song is laid atop the Sukhvinder Singh number.
> >
> > Although Bollywood songs are occasionally featured in Western films
> > including Moulin Rouge, this is perhaps the first time a Bollywood
song is
> > heard over six minutes in a Hollywood film. That too in a film far
bigger
> > than Moulin Rouge. While that film grossed about $140 million
worldwide,
> > Inside Man could end its run with more than $160 million.
> >
> > Audiences and critics were surprised and, in some cases, startled
by the
> > inclusion of the song.
> >
> > "The opening and closing musical tracks of Spike Lee's Inside Man
> > immediately attracted the attention of film critics and moviegoers
alike
> > because Lee chose an unexpected piece of Bollywood music as a
curtain-raiser
> > for his urban thriller," wrote Hollywood Reporter. The influential
trade
> > publication quoted the film's composer Terence Blanchard, saying
that the
> > song was in perfect keeping with Lee's "distinct musical choices."
> >
> > Some critics had no idea what the song was about. While Blanchard
says Lee
> > chose the number to give "an energetic edge" to the bank heist
thriller, a
> > handful of critics begged to differ. The music "sounds like some
sort of
> > African or possibly middle-eastern folk music with a techno/funk
edge,"
> > wrote The Northern Light. "It's a strange choice for a film about
a New York
> > bank robbery."
> >
> > The inclusion of the song could not have come as a bigger surprise to
> > Rahman. When a reporter told him that 2006 could be his best year
-- with
> > half a dozen of his songs in the $20 million plus The Lord of the
Rings now
> > being staged in Toronto, and Rang De Basanti turned into a big hit
-- Rahman
> > merely said: "No one can plan anything like this. All this means
that while
> > I have to work even harder, it is also a reminder that one must remain
> > humble even more than ever."
> >
> > http://us.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/17chaiyya.htm?q=mp&file=.htm
> >

> >  *thanks Pankaj  *
> >
> > ------------------------------
> > Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.
Great rates
1ยข/min.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com>

> > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The Magic.
> > Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.
> >
> > Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> > Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >   Christian music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Christian+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=PKX0fQDBsN89o_z3AchhXw>
New
> > country music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=New+country+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=bri6LDwJ4YvC1sR2hwWdWA>
New
> > music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=New+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=wnWOpxhmHOdUcBrk5RqTPA>
 Country
> > music
artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Country+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=QWsVIJWOiP8gI4pFXzDl_A>
Unsigned
artist<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Unsigned+music+artist&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=tm9tbTuIgtPjPBZRIG9onw>
> >    on the web.
> >

> >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>