Thanx for sharing buddy.

Love Arr
Raghu

----- Original Message ----
From: mmparthi2003 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 30 April, 2006 8:25:13 PM
Subject: [arr] T.L. Maharajan on ARR- A great story!

Hey guys
I was watching the Raagamaalika show on Jaya Tv and the judge for today was T.L Maharajan (Not sure of the initials).
Anyways for the second round there is a duet round. So one of the singers chose the song "Nee Kattum Selai Madipilai" from Pudiya Mannargal. This song was originally sung by T.L Maharajan(TLM) himself and Sujatha.
So after the song was sung he mentioned an incident he will never forget in his life regarding this song. This is how it goes:

After he sang this song for Rahman and after leaving the recording studio he felt that this song wasnt challenging at all and thought well why did Rahman give such an easy and not very exciting song to him. Maybe he didnt like him or something. And he felt a bit dissapointed.

Then later after the movie and songs were released and all, Maharajan had a show in Singapore. So while in singapore one day he just had his lunch or somethgin and thought of going for a walk on the streets. While walking, there was a Barrota(Paratha) shop and the guy who was making the Barotha was hitting the dough on the surface for a tune. For every beat on the song that was playing this guy was hitting the dough on the surface. So TLM was bit curious to knwo what this song was and why is it so special that this guy whos making the Barotha is enjoying himself and forgetting the whole world around him simply listening to this song.

When he went closer he realised that this was his very own song he sang and disliked which was "Nee Kattum Selai Madipilai". He was simply amazed and he went and asked the person do u like this song and all and the person had said: "this is the most amazing song of the year and a big hit and when I listen to this song I simply forget my self and my sorrows and I could make loads of Barothas without knowing that I am getting tired.. Its simply a Classic!"

He said he couldnt beleive what he was hearing and finally he told the Barotha making person that he had sung this song and eventually got free Barotha and a big respect from the people in that shop. And he said I am always thankful for Rahman for giving him such an incredible song and showcased his talent for the younger generation. And this incident is an evergreen memory in his mind!

Isnt this simply amazing guys! When I heard this story I was like wow! This one of those stories you hear from your Grandparents which make an everalsting effect on you. Thats how this felt.

Rahman is a genius!

Parthiban

Country music artists New country music artists New music artists
Christian music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS