The lyrics wasn't by Vairamuthu...it was by Palani Bharathi.

up84mouli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Fanz,

Just recently read a post about T L Maharajan talking about the song
he sung for Rahman.

In a film launch for that film, the song "Nee Kattum Selai...", was
widely discussed. Vairamuth and Rahman were both present. Here is a
small portion which I remeber...

Vairamuthu was asking almost all of them about the best part of that
song. When it came to our Boss, he praised these lines:

Nee vetti vetti podum nagathilellam;
Kutti kutti nilavu theriyudhadi.

Translation:

When you cut your fingernails and throw them;
I see that all of them are like small moons (The arc of moon, rather).

Superb selection, boss.

Thanks for reading.
Chandra.