"I love singing for AR Rahman and in Swades there was a bhajan which
I sang' which was very lovely. The irony is that it had Shahrukh, it
was composed by AR Rahman and written by Javed Akhtar all three are
Muslims and the song was on Ram lila. It was much appreciated. And
it was a bhajan.

The specialty of this song was that it was sung in a hotel room in
Panchgani and not in a studio. The shooting was happening in
Panchgani and Rahman had come there to make a scratch recording of
the song. We were told that he'd make a scratch then the song would
be finalized music would be added and then the final recording would
be done but the scratch was so good, imagine 15 to 20 people were
sitting in a hotel room, it was not a sound proof room. Rahman
played the keyboard. Vijay Prakash gave the male voice Ashutosh
Gowarikar did the part of Ravana and the scratch was so good that it
was used as the final song. Rahman said that the emotion expressed
might be lost if redone."

I did not know this.  Amazing, huh?

New country music artists New music artists Christian music artists
Country music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS