Hi everybody,

I just finished watching a special program by Aaj Tak on ARR...I am
too excited to not post anything on this!! so here i am:

It started out with them showing snippets of the interview of ARR by
prabhu chawla on their program 'seedhi baat' (they dint show the
interview in entirety, but it will be telecast at 6pm on Aaj Tak, so
don't miss it!!).

They then showed a snippet of prabhu chawla's interview with Javed
Akhtar, in which he said that ARR was a very complex composer and that
writing lyrics for him and fitting the right words into his song
structure was the toughest part for any lyricist...he then ended by
saying that if a lyricist can write lyrics for ARR, then he can write
for anybody (a huge compliment!).

Then they proceeded to show clips of ARR's movies, starting with RDB
and then proceeding onto Roja, Bombay, Rangeela, Dil Se, and Zubeidaa.
They also showed some very nice clips of ARR performing on stage
(singing Piya Haji Ali) and also showed clips of Vande Mataram and
said that apart from the previous mentioned albums, Vande Mataram and
Jana Gana Mana also set records in terms of sales.

Then they went on to talk about ARR's past (something we're all too
familiar with by now!!). They talked about how since the beginning,
ARR was interested in music and how he learnt to play the piano at a
very young age. They then talked about ARR's association with
Illayaraja and how after the Titan watch jingle, Mani sir chose him
for Roja and how it went on to become a super hit with ARR becoming a
household name. They also briefly talked about how Lataji and ARR have
a great admiration for each other and that ARR was responsible for
giving Lataji more fame with Jiya Jale.

They then ended the show by comparing ARR with the great composers of
yesteryears like RD Burman, Naushad saab (who sadly passed away), and
OP Nayyar and said that ARR, like the afore mentioned composers, is in
a league of his own who created a unique sound and created a standard
to which no one can be compared too.

All in all, it was 30 mins of sheer bliss and I was so proud at the
end of it all! The surprising thing is that Gopal didnt post anything
on this at all and this group had no intimation about this!! and I was
lucky enough to catch the program from the beginning as I was flipping
through the channels.

Do watch the program whenever they show it again today and dont forget
to tune in at 6pm for the exclusive interview...

Awaiting your comments,

Samarth

Country music artists Christian music artists New music artists
New country music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS