Hi fellas, Mos people if u are a causal listerner and a casuual
audiophile will get the Grado SR 80...It offers te best value for
money and it has much improved bass compared to the SR 60s. Anything
above SR 80 are for studio people like ARR....U can get them if u have
money to plunge. Her ein Singapore, SR 80s cost 170 bucks at the the
Adelphi level 2 . The shop is Music by Design

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "avyayan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Vishwesh! Gomtesh, I cant find any links on the Grado site to
> distributors in India. Perhaps you could try sending them an email
at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Gomtesh Upadhye"
> <gomtesh.upadhye@> wrote:
> >
> > hello ,
> >
> > Thanks for the info.Can anyone suggest a sho
wroom where its
> available and
> > the cost in rupees ? I stay in Bangalore and mite as well check it
> > out.Thanks,
> >
> > Gomzy
> >

> > On 5/11/06, || V i s h w e s h || <Vishwsant@> wrote:
> > >
> > >  Thanks for the very informative mail Asuthosh...
> > >

> > > *avyayan <avyayan@>* wrote:
> > >
> > > Ha, what a surprise to see this topic in the forum! About such a
> > > specialized item too.
> > >
> > > I have the Grado SR80 (since Jan 6 this year - yes, bought it as
my
> > > tribute to the Master on his birthday), and let's just say that
it has
> > > put a whole new spin on all the Rahman tracks I have. Sounds I
had
> > > never heard before suddenly appeared crystal clear as if by
magic. I
> > > tested the headphones at the audiophile studio (at The Adelphi,
if any
> > > one from Singapore is interested) using Rang De Basanti tracks
(192
> > > kbps CBR AAC format) on my iPod nano, and was truly astounded by
the
> > > clarity and precision of sound - everything from the soaring
> > > orchestras of Khoon Chala, every pick and glide of the guitars
in
> > > Roobaroo and Lukka Chhupi, thumping bass of Khalbali,
Paathshaala and
> > > Rang De Basanti, not to forget the nectarine ambient sounds in
Tu Bin
> > > Bataye - all sounded like I was listening to them for the first
time,
> > > despite having heard the album a good 60 times (as per the play
count
> > > in iTunes) prior to that.
> > >
> > > I was so used to headphones (such as the Sennheiser PX200 -
which I
> > > maintain is a good buy for cans under SGD 100), which sometimes
> > > emphasized bass at the expense of treble. Grado is as neutral
and flat
> > > as it can be. As the literature on the Grado Labs site
> > > (www.gradolabs.com) suggests, the virtual absense of resonance
is a
> > > specialty of Grado phones, and I totally agree. Each sound,
however
> > > subtle, can be heard in all its clarity without intruding or
masking
> > > another - perhaps the closest to how Rahman intended it to be
heard.
> > > The bass is not the sort that reverberates in your ear - you can
feel
> > > that thud deep inside you. Don't be fooled by the freq response
specs
> > > (a standard 20 Hz to 20 kHz) - this is the real stuff, no wild
claims
> > > of 8 Hz and 10 Hz.
> > >
> > > The cans are a piece of art - never ceased to me amazed by it at
any
> > > time (latest hour of magic was by courtesy of James Newton
Howard's
> > > The Village soundtrack); would have bought a couple - one for
home and
> > > another for the office - if only they weren't so expensive (SGD
160).
> > > And the SR80 ear pads cup around the ear which means practically
no
> > > fatigue; but I guarantee you will be compelled to pay more
attention
> > > to the music you are listening to, even non-Rahman ones, that
you will
> > > probably have to give your mind a rest from the music 'cos it
will be
> > > processing all the different layers of instrumentation every
second of
> > > the track. Outstanding stuff, all for less than USD100! Go get
it!!

> > > The only downside: you won't feel like listening to film music
other
> > > than Rahman's. The shortcomings of other modern composers become
> > > painfully obvious. But classical composers like Naushad, SD-
saab,
> > > Pancham-da and Ilaiyaraja's evergreen 80s compositions are a
different
> > > matter altogether - the phones reveal the purity and divinity in
their
> > > music - they truly were God's gifts to mankind like our dear
Master.

rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>to
> the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.
> > >

> > > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.
> > > Only at arrahmanfans.com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-
community.

> > > Homepage: http://www.arrahmanfans.com
> > > Admin: admin@
> > > To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > >   Christian music
> artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Christian+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+count
ry+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsi
gned+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=PKX0fQDBsN89o_z3AchhXw>
> New
> > > country music
> artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=New+country+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+cou
ntry+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Un
signed+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=bri6LDwJ4YvC1sR2hwWdWA>
> New
> > > music
> artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=New+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country+mus
ic+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsigned+m
usic+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=wnWOpxhmHOdUcBrk5RqTPA>
>  Country
> > > music
> artists<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Country+music+artists&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country
+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsign
ed+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=QWsVIJWOiP8gI4pFXzDl_A>
> Unsigned
> > > music
> artist<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Unsigned+music+artist&w1=Christian+music+artists&w2=New+country
+music+artists&w3=New+music+artists&w4=Country+music+artists&w5=Unsign
ed+music+artist&c=5&s=137&.sig=tm9tbTuIgtPjPBZRIG9onw>
> > >    on the web.
> > >

> > >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > >
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]<arrahmanfans-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
> > > .

> > --
> > Gomtesh V Upadhye
> >
> > gomtesh@

New music artists New country music artists Country music artists
Christian music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS