Hi,I wasn't just talking about the shahnai. I was saying how rahman
captured the mood of the situation. In swades when shahrukh khan
returning to US, Geeta shows him a box which contains all spices (If
i am not wrong) from India. And after a while the song "Ye jo des
hai tera" song plays in background when shhrukh is in US (A call to
return India).
In this song you'll get every Indian element (spices). So obviously
it captures the diverse culture of india. And I don't think any
other song has this detailed characteristics of representing India.

Avinash

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Pankaj Kakkar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi avi
>   Shenai Vaadhan - South India ?? Naa. If Shennai & Tabla combo
speaks abt the mangal thing in the North, then it is Naadhasswaram &
Thavil are mangal vaadhyam in the South. Arr has used the same in Ah
aah, Paarthaalae Paravasam, Gentleman etc. as i am not able to think
deep, if so i can get some more songs of this combo being used.   :-)

> avinash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Hey! me too man, I start my every day with this instumental
version :-).  I mean, I'm using this mp3 as alarm tune in my sony-
eric mobile.
> It keeps me in great mood through out the day. Also it reminds me
of
> my great country, India. Infact if you anlyse this tune, it
represents diverse culture of india. i.e shahnai (south india) ,
Punjabi background vocals, Great
> Indian percussion tabla and authentic indian vocals. It's a pity
that Swades didn't got the recognition it deserved. Thanks
> Proud to be Indian, Proud to be ARR Fan.  avinash

> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone
call rates.

Christian music artists New country music artists New music artists
Country music artists Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS