They charge because they are offering you a "legal" download . Of course most of us needs to be educated  the whole concept of legality.

Raaga is clearly catering to the overseas market. Nobody cares about the indian consumer because they may think "they can always purchase the Cd". Ideally the cost per song should come around 10 - 15 Rs. I heard there was some other service which was offering it at around 20Rs.

On 6/4/06, Vinay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "chemistry54321"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In raaga, they have developed a way of buying music digitally
online.
> They release it before the actual audio release in India. This is a
> great news for us: we can download any music online and we dont have
> to be involved in illegal downloads. Godfather is also there, if you
> guys want to download, its .99 cents a song.
> Here are the links:
>   general:
>     http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/downloads.asp
>   Godfather:
>     http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail1.asp?
mid=T0000787

You don't mind paying $1.00 USD per song don't you ? When you can get
cd's for $5 why download song for that ?

There are so many sites that provide quality songs and for free and
Raaga is not doing something different, inface their service is the
same but they charge.

And its not before audio launch, only for Vallavan movie and its been
floating around the internet for 3 days. Now Raaga is trying to be
smart with their service.. when people can get the same songs free
around the net why would any buy ?

They need to learn a lot ! May be someone crazy would use thier
service.. for me it sucks...!

Everything you need is oneclick away. Make Yahoo! your home pagenow.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/iyUplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--
Warm Regards

Albert Einstein - "Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish."

Christian music artists Country music artists New music artists
Unsigned music artist

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS