From: Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:32:56 AM
Subject: [arr] Rahman learns the accordion

    Rahman learns the accordion

He’s a music director who doesn’t need to prove his credentials today. And one
would expect
Rahman to take it easy when it comes to filmi music, but that is far from the
case. Rahman
still goes out of his way to deliver his best, whether it is for an Indian
project or an
international one. For Mani
Ratnam’s Guru, the musician actually went searching for an instrument he didn’t
know how to
play — the accordion. He went to a popular music store in Hong Kong, purchased
an accordion,
learnt how to play it and actually incorporated this in the music of the film.
Such dedication!
Must say that is truly the mark of a guru!

The Times of India

 Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" –
The Wall Street Journal