Hello Thulasi,

The output of your laptop is stereo. But your speaker has 5.1 inputs. Hence
it will not be possible to get a 5.1 output from them. If you wanna purchase
a 5.1 sound card, its available as a PCI card or a USB card. Log on to
www.creative.com for more details. I would suggest you go ahead for a
7.1card as that is the next thing to happen with all our DVDs .
Cheers,

Gomzy