The problem with rahman is that he has inexaustible and unemptiable
stuff..so within a song itself he keeps improvisin and doesnt repeat
the same line again and again however impressive it is..hope u all
would hav noticed it..one example..in mayya mayya song,the violin bit
in between the lines 'souda raat ka' and 'toudi chand ki'(forgive me
if llyrics r wrong) is so catchy and amazin to hear..but it comes in
a undermined fashion..its not very sharp to hear..there are thousands
of other example..
the problem with rahman is that he is an unassumin genius..doesnt
bother to keep repeatin the same tune just because its great..he
instead gives many other such interludes..in a single song..so the
listeners at first time are over loaded and not able to retain one
particular tune..so they dismiss the song as 'not so
impressive'.where as in case of harris..he has limited stuff ..hnce
if he scores ont good tune..he keeps repeatin it in the song till the
listeners absorb it completely..
hope u can relate with my point..
another problem is yet again the extra calibre of rahman..he keeps
complicatin the tune and doesnt present it in as simple a manner as
others do..thats not his fault..his brain never rests and tries to
improvise till the end..and the enormous amt of layerin which can be
enjoyed by unfoldin every layer at each time of listenin and not at
the very first time..
One big thing which is missin in th Listeners is PATIENCE..which can
wipe out all the above stated 'draw backs' of rahman..

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thineshan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>