A movie is nothing but a dream. The ability of the director lies in taking
that dream into the mind of the public without any disturbance and
Mr.Ratnamaccording to me is 95% successful in doing that in his latest
venture GURU.
The dream should get over as the movie ends but unfortunately in Guru a
disturbance comes at the climax. Now wait don't jump into any conclusions!!!

Guru is indeed nothing but real & reel mix. It is based on the great
industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani. Dhirubhai as Gurubhai… Abishek Bachan in the
lead role as Gurukanth Desai had done a great job. Whether it is young
Gurukanth or the middle age man Abishek is simply awesome. But it was not
only Abishek who has done a great job in acting each and every character of
the movie has done their role superbly. Madhavan, Aishwarya Rai, Mithun
Chakraborty, Vidya Balan everyone has done their part excellently. So I
think the credit should be given to the director who has really worked hard
even on small characters and its perfection. Of course the movie revolves
around Abishek so a greater delegation of risk on him and he had responded
in style.

Right from the start of the movie you feel Maniratnam's touch. The titles
really attracted me a lot. The dialogues are really amazing and you could
see a very smooth editing. Rajiv Menon's camera and lighting is really
excellent. Whether it is Turkey or the Indian village or the Mumbai city it
exactly takes you to that place and to add to the exact period in which the
story moves.

Music by A.R.Rahman. Whether it is melodious Tera Bina or Ay Hairathe or the
peppy Barso Re or Mayya Mayya or the typical 80's style Baazi Laaga or Ek Lo
Ek Muft Rahman scores in each and every song. When you see the movie Mayya
the item number and Barso Re attracts you a lot. Tera Bina my favourite of
the album. Its all Aishwarya Rai and her beauty in this song. I don't know
whether it is the problem of the dance master or abishek & ash. The steps
were not really attractive. It could have been better. And regarding the re
recording Rahman really rocks. He is bang on target. When you need a pulse
setting tune there it comes. When you need a tune with soothing effect it
comes and in climax he was remarkable. To comment more on this I need to
watch the movie once more. The reason is simple. I couldn't recognize the re
recording separately. It was too good. I felt it at certain places due to my
deliberate effort to concentrate on the re recording. The music is a very
big plus for the movie.

Another big plus for the movie is the chemistry between Abishek and Ash. I
don't  know whether it is the result of their off screen chemistry or they
have really acted excellently. In any case it's a big plus.

But the climax was not really satisfactory. I am not sure whether the
problem is with the dialogue writer or with the director himself. Abishek
instead of defending his company before the commission against the
allegations and complaints, talk's patriotism and difficulties he had faced
in bringing his company to the top position. So my dream really got
disturbed there and that was the reason the re recording was observed and
found to be awesome, something which shouldn't have happened. But for this
dialogues were really awesome in all other places.

So in all GURU is one of the most finest movie I have watched in recent
past. A typical Mani Ratnam movie and a sure hit.

You can also post your reviews and comments @
http://karthikeyamurthy.blogspot.com/

with regards
Karthikeyamurthy.J