Abhishek on ARR:

"Awards are great confidence builders. But often, an award is given to a person
in a film.
However, the entire team is responsible for a film's success."

By way of illustration, he spoke of attending a screening of Guru in Mumbai a
few days ago with
Mani Ratnam and everyone else who had worked on it -- but there was no sign of
Rahman.

"When I asked Mani, he told me Rahman was fine-tuning the score," he said,
adding that this
kind of attitude inspires him. "Even at the last minute, he was improving
things."

Mani on ARR:

Asked what he liked most about working with A R Rahman, Mani Ratnam said "He
instinctively
understands what the director wants. He can feel how the song could be
pictured. He does not
sit down and say, We are going to come up with a hit song. His main concern is
how the music
can be made to serve the story and script."