dude u rock!

On 1/16/07, Pravinder Sheoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Hi again guys
Here are some more points (very important), which i missed in my
original message, regarding BGM of GURU:

1. I am just wondering how easy it is for Rahman to creat a
situation with his stylish music. Remember "Bombay Awakes" song from
the album "Bombay Dreams". He created the situation of a Bombay
market so nicely with his music. Similarly again he created the
situation of a market in "Take Take" in "Mangal Pandey - The Rising".
Well again he has repeated his magic in GURU. Two times in the movie
he has provided very strong BGM while the charecter Guru is
wondering through the markets of Turkey and Bombay. Surpurisingly
the scene in Turkey has Arabic beats, and the scene in Bombay has
the Indian beats. Hats off to Allah Rakha Rahman. If you take him to
china he will give Chinese music, with Chinese instruments (WOHE).
If you take him to Turkey he will give Turkish (Arabic) music, with
Arabic instruments (GURU). I believe only a few (or may be none)
Music Composers in the whole World have this ability. God bless him,
what more can i ask? Blissful.

2. Mani Ratnam and A R Rahman's pair (Jodi) is like 'Choli and
Daman'. In many many scenes of GURU they together have created the
situation a visual pleasure to watch. I do not know it was a
deliberate attempt or a coincidence but when Aishwarya comes running
from roof of her house in the song "Tere Bina" to embrace Abhishek,
the song is running at its best stage where Chinmayee is singing at
her best (When she sings the lines 'Tere bina be-swadi be-sadi
ratyan ho sajana' at a very low pitch and very soothing voice). And
then when they take the camera toward Abhishek, Rahman has just
started the same lines but at a high pitch than Chinmayee. And then
when camera again moves back toward Aishwarya and she starts running
passionatly, at the same time Chinmayee starts singing at a more
high pitch than Rahman. And when Abhi and Aish (Guru and Sujata)
embrace each other (and their souls get a big relax), the song also
comes into a peaceful stage with 'Dam Dar dam Dar' vocals. Oh my
God, its not possible that all this visual experience was a
coincidence. I have no doubt that even before mking this song Rahman
and Ratnam disscussed the situation in great details and then Rahman
composed the song (or may be adjusted the song).

Well guys when Aishwarya started running and Chinmayee started
singing, i wanted to take my heart out, divide in two pieces and
give one piece to each of them. But then what i would have left with
to give to Ratnam and Rahman. My soul was blissed and i no longer
wanted anything else in the world at that point of time. Did you
guys notice the face expressions of Abhishek at the same time.
Marvellous.

3. One more example of excelence and combination of Rahman and
ratnam is the scene in Hospital where Abhishek goes to meet the guy
who tried to commit suicide. Mani ratnam starts the scene with a
very serious stage and then makes the situation very light by
letting his charecters talk about Jumpa (the belly dancer, Mallika)
and at the same time Rahman comes with Mayya mayya beats at the
background.

4. Guys, do you remember the music that was displayed when the
website of GURU was launched. Well did anyone notice where in the
movie, rahman used it. Well well well, coz the music has the happy
and funny mood, it was used when Guru gets the permission letter to
enter the cloth market and he goes to the market and sits down near
to the person (Mr. mathura das) who was saying that Guru will never
be able to get the permission.

5. Another example of the strenght of combination of Ratnam and
Rahman comes when in the hospital when Guru's daughters sing 'Jagein
Hain' lines and aishwarya is also humming with the girls. And guys i
am getting mad and mad after knowing the most minute details of the
movie. If you listen carefully the hospital version of 'Jagein Hain'
song, Aishwarya (i mean the singer who gave voice for aishwarya) is
not humming at all the times with the girls. Its only that she
starts humming (or may be hums intensly and loudly) at a very few
points of the song. At the same time Rajiv Menon has captured
Aishwarya's face expressions at all those times. Only God knows that
who (Rahman or Ratnam or a third person like Rajiv Menon) came up
with this intresting idea of letting the girls sing the 'Jagein
Hain' theme in hospital. But it shows the greatest team effort
behind the movie.

Well well well
i will keep going on but the words will never finish.

PRAVINDER SHEORAN.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com <arrahmanfans%40yahoogroups.com>,
"Pravinder Sheoran"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys
> Its me again.
> (Throughout this messege, GURU means the movie name, and Guru
means
> Ahishek, the charecter.)
>
> Well i do not know from where to start.
> My friends were surprised to hell after watching me watching the
> movie with my cap on my face in most of the scenes, especially
> during the song "Raat ka shauk hai".
>
> But i could not help it.
> There were two potential things that were obstructing me from
> concentrating on background music, Rajiv Menon's camera and
> performnace of the actors.
> So finally i decided not to look at the screen as much as
possible.

> Well well well, if i say that after Abhiskek, Rahman's BGM is the
> second hero of the movie, it won't be wrong.
>
> The crtitcs who have said in some reviews that many of the songs
in
> GURU are not upto standard, i can only pray that god better
blesses
> them with some knowledge and understanding of good music.
>
> I have also read many times that A R Rahman is weak in terms of
> background score, well they must have had their answers after
> watching GURU.
>
> To explain the quality of Rahman' BGM, i must compare it with
Sachin
> Tendulkar's boundries. Well every player can score a four in
cricket
> but sachin's four is always very very elegent and a treat to watch.
> Similarly, every musician can provide the background score but
> Rahman' background score is very very elegent. Even the best
> background scores can not stand in front of rahman's BGM.
> Well i have facts to prove my statement. Following are my
> observations regarding GURU's BGM:
>
> 1. Rahman's understanding of the script of the movie is marvellous
> and he has provided the music accordingly. He exactly knows where
> stop, where to be loud and where to be slow. Whenever Guru needs
> show determination, the music is loud with drums of heaven.
(Rahman
> has become the master of the drums over these years. Remember
Swades
> theme, and Dcoit Duel from WOHE. Well GURU's background song Dhoom
> Dhadaka is next in row.). On the contrary Whenever Guru dreams in
> the movie, the music is very peacefull.
>
> 2. In first half of GURU, most of the background music is not at
> very high volume and is very very melodious. While in second half
> BGM becomes more and more vibrant, loud and passionate.
>
> 3. It looks like Mani Ratnam and Rahman had long long sittings
> disscussing the BGM of the movie. Because there are many scenes in
> the movie which are entirely depended on Background music.
> A R Rahman is nothing but a genious. He has used Dhoom Dhadaka
song
> very very nicely. This song represents the power, determination
and
> strength of Guru. In the beggining when Guru was starting gaining
> base and power, Rahman used this song at low volume and just used
> some of the beats. Later on when Guru became more and more strong,
> the song was also getting louder and full beats were used. Also
this
> song became the symbol of Guru's presence. Rember when Mithun's
car
> was attacked, mani ratnam did not need to show that its done by
> Guru. Rahman just played Dhoom Dhadaka beats and audience
understood
> the presence of Guru behind the attack. Though things turned out
> other way later on and Guru was not involved in attack.
>
> 4. There is a special song, or background piece for every
charecter