i was wondering what this rahmania is all about.. just went back and checked
this mail...

u guys have did an awesome job.. fantastic and keep up your spirit guys!

On 1/20/07, Dinesh Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Regular Yahoo group members may be knowing that Pune based group "The
Wandering Souls" is gearing up to present 2007 year edition of
RAHMANIA, the musical performance based solely on our GURU, Rahman's
songs.

The highlight of this performance this year will be a tri-lingual
presentation ( in Tamil, Hind & Marathi ) of "Vellai Pookkal" from
Kannathil Mudhalmittal. This way, we want the audience to understand
the kind of work Rahman has done in languages other than Hindi.

All this takes me back to the year 2005 when the group had performed
2 shows in Pune. I attended the show of 29'th June 2005. Being a
typical Puneite, I was skeptical as to how a young group of
musicians, singers can handle the difficult yet melodius and
extremely rhythm based compositions of Rahman. I still remember
myself sitting in the audience waiting for the performance to begin
to find out whether the performing team was indeed serious and knew
their Rahman well or not. I was ready to count the mistakes, I must
admit……

The programme began at sharp 10pm with "Ghanana Ghanana – Lagan"
followed by "Kehna Hi Kya – Bombay". Good so far, I thought. Next
performance was the BOMBAY THEME ! I said to myself, now they will be
in trouble. This theme is "THE" identity of Rahman. I thought, may be
this group should not perform such a difficult and emotionally
charged compostition…

The Bombay theme slowly started with flute and went on to a marvelous
and touching climax. I was stunned ! I had thought all along that
Bombay theme can not be reproduced live on stage, except highly
professional musicians, and here was this group who had taken up this
challenge and they did such a remarkable job, they were
outstanding !!!

One by one, singers came on stage with clockwork precision, the
instrument and rhythm artists were extremely competent through
various songs of Rahman right from Saathiya, Dil se, Meenaxi, Swades,
Yuva, Pukaar, Rangeela, Taal, etc. They received request for Encore
(Once more !) for virtually every song !!!!!!

The performance ended with a Medley of patriotic songs from TLOB,
Swades, Netaji and ofcourse Vande Mataram. The audience gave them a
standing ovation, I was one of them…………

18 months later, this group is back with new songs and I can hardly
wait. I have postponed all my office work and looking forward to the
performances planned for 7'th and 10'th of Feb in Pune.

Friends, Are there similar groups in other cities ? May we know more
about you please ? Do you have stage performances of Rahman songs ?

Rahmania-PUNE, You guys ROCK !! You have the RAHMAN sound in you !!!

All the best...........

Dinesh Vaidya
Pune