"One more introductory song was composed                                  when
Jaggubhai was announced. However, the project
was shelved later and I used the song for S.J.Surya's
       Anbe Aruyire."

Full article:

                                  There was no plan earlier for an introductory
                                 song in Sivaji. However it was later decided
to                                  have one and when Shankar approached me for
the                                  same I put the best of my efforts, Rahman
answered                                  for a question. "The song has come
out really                                  well. Shankar showed me a few
rushes and there                                  is now one more reason for me
to be a Rajini fan",                                  adds the Mozart. He
further assured that Sivaji's                                  music would
outperform Baba.

                                 On talking about intro songs for the
Superstar,"Rajini's                                  introduction songs are
always a challenge. I enjoyed                                  doing Oruvan
Oruvan Mudhalali in Muthu. That had                                  a bit of
philosophical touch to it. Singa nadai                                  pottu
from Padayappa was created based on folk
tunes, whereas Vettri kodi kattu from the same
movie had fast beats and trumpet just to bring
out the speed with which the protagonist grows
in his life. Working for Padayappa was definitely
   a great experience. Rajinikanth is very clear
  about the music that his fans expect from him
 movies".

                                 On few of the missed ones, "Mudhalvane song
                              from Mudhalvan was written with Rajini in mind.
                               For some reason Rajinikanth didn't act in the
                              movie. One more introductory song was composed
                              when Jaggubhai was announced. However, the
project                                  was shelved later and I used the song
for S.J.Surya's                                  Anbe Aruyire."

                                 Sivaji's shoot schedules are nearing
completion                                  and the movie is slated for a late
April 2007                                  release. The audio is expected to
be released                                  by mid March.

from
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-07-01/10-02-07-sivaji.html

Cheers,

Aravind

  http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people
who know.