Rahman is all set to rule the international music charts. With the
release of his self-composed-and-sung English track titled 'Pray For
Me Brother' produced by Universal Music, it could just be possible.
However, notwithstanding the commercial reasons, Rahman has composed
the number for a noble cause to support the vision of Millennium
Development Goals.The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) was formed
from the pact that was signed in the year 2000 at the significant UN
Millennium Summit held at New York by Prime Ministers, Presidents,
and other noted leaders from 189 countries. Rahman is an ardent
supporter of MDGs that functions with an aim to eradicate poverty,
hunger, and disease in the world by 2015.

'Pray For Me Brother' will be made available on the Millennium
campaign's website www.millenniumcampaign.org, for free downloads
according to Salil Shetty, director of the Millennium Campaign, New
York. The song will also be used for the organization's global
campaign to propagate its goals around the world including Europe
and the US.

Rahman mentioned that this song would be India's rendition to the
world in achieving the cause of MDGs. "Hunger is the only common
thing among people and it is only to survive that people beg. I hope
that this song will inspire people to do something to eradicate
those kind of social evils", the maestro added.

Not many people knew that Rahman has been appointed by the UN as
Brand Ambassador to eradicate tuberculosis. "It was while planning
to compose a song for the same that I started to think about the
much bigger universal issue - poverty and hunger. I decided to shift
the focus and with the help of my friend Blaaze came up with the
song", revealed Rahman.

A 'stand up' event - to promote the cause of the Millenium Campaign
and its Civil Society partners - was held in October, which
registered a record attendance of 23 million people participating
for the MDGs. Out of which 18 million joined from Asia and 9.7 from
India.

Time to make the world a better place.