Though sounds good to hear, I chose not to believe
this news of "ARR for TTD" as the news source is too
sloppy to trust. Are there any more trustable sources?
Even if they approach ARR, I doubt if he agrees owing to his
busy-ness with soo many other projects.

Raghu

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, devMannemela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In the case of Annamaiah, most of the songs have been set to tune
> only very recently (60s ?) by Venkataraman (all  those popular songs
sung by
> MS).
> So may be it won't be as big a crime, if Rahman does tune them
differently.

> On 3/11/07, Kamal Aakarsh Vishnubhotla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   I hope Rahman doesnt change the original tune of the
compositions or the
> > melody. because no composer should change the traditional krithis.
it will
> > invite the wrath of many people and also marks disrespect to the
original
> > composer (Saint Annamaacharya). At the best, he can only embellish
with
> > background music...like he did for "Vandemataram-Revival" in his album
> > vandemataram..
> >
> > I hope this message reaches him
> >
> > Regards
> > Aakarsh.
> >
> > *Adi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> >
> >  http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/mar2007/reha_music.php
> >
> > Tirupati: Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) wants to rope in
composer A
> > R Rehman to give music to the famous Annamacharya kirtans.
> >
> > Rehman would be the ambassador to popularise the kirtans among the
youth.
> > "So we are planning to give the Rehman touch to at least some of
the kirtans
> > so that it would have an impact on the youth," said officiating
director of
> > project Bhuman Subramanyam Reddy Saint poet Annamacharya had
composed nearly
> > 32,000 songs in praise of the Lord of which only 12,000 are available.
> >
> > TTD would be observing the 504th death anniversary of Annamacharya
from
> > March 15 to 22. A spiritual-cultural event has been arranged at
Tallapaka,

started.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43910/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail%0A>