The question is not whether ARR killing the tamil or any language. ARR
can kill the music, not the lyrics.....btw, he's not a lyricist.

Songs from earlier movies until Kadhalan were good. Unni krishnan got
national award for Ennavale. At that time, lyrics were written by
lyricist. Now A.M. Ratnam writes the lyrics (atleast in telugu)...and
he isn't a lyricist, he's a producer.

So whatever the lyrics are in tamil, ditto lyrics in telugu. I was
laughing when I heard the lyrics of Boys or jeans in telugu. Hopeless
lyrics for a soothing music.

This isn't the case atleast in hindi. I preferred enjoying the song
more in hindi than in telugu, when jeans was dubbed in hindi. Same is
the case for Maniratnam's Yuva.

So ARR is good and we can survive with his music....

Harsha

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Roshan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it happens only when arr does moviews with
> shankar and some others.  I dont speak tamil. But i
> have certainly noticed a lot of english words in the
> songs from Boys and others.
>
> But when kannathil muthamittal and Kandu konden came,
> the music was beautiful and lyrics was poetic.  going
> by the translation of Daivam Thantha song.. it is one
> of the best lyrics I heard :)
>

> --- Karthikeyamurthy J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > hi mirza... yeah i do admit the fact that thamizhans
> > esp chennaiitties
> > killed thamizh a lot... but that doesnt mean rahman
> > should do the same...
> > there are still people who would like to hear lyrics
> > clearly... There is
> > defnitely a difference between spoken english and
> > english poems right...
> > similarly while speaking we tend to use
> > slangs(inappropriate slangs that
> > kills thamizh just like what we call as butler
> > english)... but when it comes
> > to poem it should be neat... we dont have this
> > problem when rahman did his
> > bombay or even padiyappa... his songs clearly spelt
> > out the lyrics... but
> > some music directors in thamizh started adopting arr
> > style and started
> > killing thamizh... i dont want to name them you
> > urself must be knowing...
> > the point is we dont want rahman to join that league
> > of people... we want
> > him to stay as he was earlier... take up his hindi
> > songs... there is no
> > problem with lyrics... its really clear... and thats
> > the way we want his
> > thamizh songs too... i think u r staying in
> > london... so the chances of you
> > knowing what general public here say about his
> > thamizh songs and mainly his
> > minus are very less... this is not a general opinion
> > of thamizh members in
> > this community... it is the general public
> > opinion... for whom the music is
> > made... so i think its important for rahman to
> > concentrate on the clarity of
> > lyrics... Take up NEW YORK NAGARAM song... though it
> > was a massive hit when
> > compared to other thamizh songs of that period... it
> > was not like urvasi
> > urvasi or chikku bukku railey or humma humma... the
> > reason is bit simple...
> > lyrics wasnt heard clearly... as a rahman fan
> > whatever he does i will listen
> > to it and enjoy it... but that wont be the case with
> > general public... when
> > it comes to rahman... people expect a lot from him,
> > down here... because of
> > his goodwill... and rahman has a duty to fulfill the
> > wishes by giving them
> > what they want, in his style...
> >
> > with regards
> >
> > Karthikeyamurthy.J
> >

> "If a music artist wants to blossom into a full-pledged person, it's
not enough if he knows only classical music; nor is it enough if he's
well-versed only in ragas and techniques. Instead, he should be a
knowledgeable person interested in life and philosophy. In his
personal life there should be, at least in some corner of his heart, a
tinge of lingering sorrow."