*Golden Age will mark Shekhar Kapoor's return to big screen *  *Production
over, AR Rahman and Scottish composer Craig Armstrong are working on the
film's score *  *Alaka
Sahani*<http://www.expressindia.com/about/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*Mumbai, March 28:* OCTOBER will see the return of Shekhar Kapoor on big
screen—across the globe—-with Golden Age. "It will be released on October
12. The production of the film (his second of the Elizabeth trilogy) is
complete, barring music," says Kapoor, who is among India's popular faces in
international films.

Maverick AR Rahman and Scottish composer Craig Armstrong are working on the
film's score at the latter's studio in Glasgow. The teaming of the two
composers is expected to show fascinating results considering their
different backgrounds, thinks the director, a speaker at FICCI-Frame 2007.
Kapoor recently mentioned in his blog that he has been encouraging Armstrong
to lead, since the film is a pre-dominantly western production. *"But I am
looking to Rahman to inject some bold, out-there melodies and sounds into
the score," he says. *

 [image: Advertisement] The sneak preview of the movie starring Cate
Blanchett was held in Los Angeles recently. With Kapoor terming the response
as "exciting", the movie seems worth waiting for. Blanchett is once again
playing the role of Queen Elizabeth, which had earned her an Academy award
nomination in 1999. Golden Age takes the story forward by exploring the
relationship between Elizabeth I and adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh (Clive
Owen).

In the final installment, Kapoor wants to cast Blanchett again. "But I have
to wait for Cate to grow 10 years older to make it," says Kapoor, looking
charming in brown kurta and maroon jacket.

In spite of handling major international projects, the Mr India-maker's
heart still beats for Bollywood. He wants to make Paani—the film that has
lived in his consciousness for almost seven years now. "I just need money to
make it."

Between making his films, Kapoor has been creating comic characters and
putting their stories in books.d Three of his books Snakewoman, Devi and
Sadhu—which hit Indian stands only this month—-have already been out in the
US, generating a huge response. A candid Kapoor admits to the Bollywood and
Indian myth influences in his books. "Snakewoman is our Nagina. Comic books
have allowed me to tell more stories as doing so through films is time
consuming." But daughter Kaveree is yet to get a taste of his comic work.
"She will someday. Right now, I want to be known to her only as daddy," says
Kapoor.

For Kapoor fans, there is more in store. The animation film Secrets of Seven
Sounds, of which he is the co-writer with Deepak Chopra and also executive
producer, is going to be released world-wide in December. "The movie,
inspired by Ramayana, is at an advance stage of production," reveals
producer Biren Ghosh.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=229008