I had witnessed the same with an American Lady, When i was in India.
She had come from Bangalore, she was based in Bangalore and she
conducts the seminar on Global Communication Skills to employees in
several Corporates.

I was attending such a Global Communication Skill seminar in
chennai. It was a two day program. First Day, I was the first
participant to get into the hall. That American lady was setting up
her laptop, projector and stuff. Soon i entered the hall, i heard
the song "Varaaga nathi karai oram from Sangamam" playing. I thought
it was from the hotel (the seminar was in GRT Hotel). But soon i
realized it was from her laptop when the lady went to her laptop and
replayed the song.

During the tea break time, she again played the songs, and it was
from Kadhalan. In the lunch break, I asked her, what special she
liked about these songs.. Then she said. the song "Vara-aga nadi-
karaai.. is my morning alarm. I get up listening to this song every
morning. It will boosts me up and I start my work with really fresh
mood.", she said. Then she showed me the list of songs she had and
that she liked the most. She had, half of ARR's collection. She
said, I'm a fan of his music. I was so happy and I suggest other
best albums of ARR to her and told her where to get in Chennai.

Next day morning, she said, I went for shopping last night and
bought some Rahman albums. She showed me Taal, Vande Mataram and few
other ARR collection CDs.

I was so proud that I'm a fan of such an eminent person and live in
the same period and place, who can attract people with his music. I
read somewhere in an article saying, "ARR IS MESSIAH OF POPULAR
MUSIC TO INDIA"...
But I would say, its not only for India, "ARR IS MESSIAH OF MUSIC"
He rules the world with his music...

LONG LIVE ARR.

Cheers,
Bergin.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thulasi Ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> that's the magic of the musical genius. he rules!
>
> On 06 Apr 2007 11:06:03 -0700, Anand Balasubramanian
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >   Hi all,
> >
> > I am a radio jockey in this small conservative town
called "College
> > Station" in Texas. On my show, I play a lot of Indian movie
music and
> > not to mention - a lot of music composed by AR Rahman.
> >
> > The maximum number of calls and enquiries that I get during the
show
> > are when I play ARR's music. The other day, a Nigerian lady
called me
> > from her car and asked me "Mon! What is this song Ding, Ding
Ding.
> > Its fantastic mon!" She was asking me about the Daler Mehendi
song in
> > Rang De Basanti. I really coudn't help, but have a big smile on
my
> > face.
> >
> > Yesterday, I played Mukalla, Mukabla from Kathalan and the phone
was
> > of the hook. So, I guess my point is that ARR's music really has
> > flavor that makes it attractive to people from all races. My
friend
> > from West Virginia simply loves the songs "Aye Udi Udi
(Saathiyaa),