Thanks Thulasi for posting the article. Even I was about to post
asking for who this 'Sayanora' is. I liked her Tamil version
immensely for her excellent stylish pronounciation. I just loved the
way she sings 'Eddie Murphy pol naughty'. She complements perfectly
with ARR's style...but I didnt like her Telugu version much.

Durba

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thulasi Ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/30822.html
>

>  Sayanora gathers applause IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 28, 2007]
>
> As the audio of Sivaji has become a rage in Tamil Nadu and Kerala,
one of
> the singers is jumping with Joy in her home town in Kerala.
>
> The one family in Kerala that has personal reasons to celebrate
this
> success- is Sayonara's. The Singer from Kerala had sung a song in
the album
> that too the opening numbers with A R Rahman.
>
> For this song, starting Adiradi Kaadhal Machcham..., Sayonara had
modulated
> her voice more like Shakira.
>
> After  recording the Tamil version, the music director tried to
bring
> someone else to sing the song in it Telugu version, but very soon
he
> realized that the voice wasn't as good as Sayonara's.
>
> Eventually, she sang the song in Telugu too. Now both the songs
are reigning
> the charts.
>
> Sayanora has earlier worked with A R Rahman in many projects. She
was in the
> lead of Rahman's Bosnian album, and also worked as a chorus singer
in
> Manirathnam's Guru. Then she sung songs for Sillunu Oru Kadhal,
its Telugu
> version, and a yet-to-be released Hindi film 'Jane Kyon'.
>
> As she has become a regular with Rahman, She will join him, when
he tours
> the US and Canada this summer for music shows.
>
> Sayanora debuted into filmdom with the song that she has sung for
Malayalam
> movie Manjupoloru Penkutty in the music of Alphonse.
>
> Recently she had sung two songs for the Malluwood Vishu hits
Chotta Mumbai