Oh, that's what it's called- SNARE.  Yes, I agree with you although I
didn't analyze the song the way you did.  I had to go listen to it the
way you described it to find out what you are talking about.  Good
observation, it does feel like someone is hammering on my head, during
some portions of the song or I should say snaring on my head.  Thanks.