Yeh dil maange more

    Hindustan Times, 4th June, 2007

M orning my mushroom tikkas! Must say it feels nice to be back in my
penthouse.. not that my Maldives holiday wasn't great.. but there's only so
many days that I can stay away from loving staff. So here I am.

And am I glad. Madhu my Motti maid claims she has some chatpata khabar from
glamour gaon. For starters, she says that there's more to it than meets the eye
vis-à-vis Mani Ratnam's Lajjo, toplining Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor. She's
got it from her khabris that apart from his fees as an actor, which is the
highest any actor has commanded, AK was also asking for a share in the profits.

And that was the major bone of contention between the dictator actor and the
movie's makers, producer-director Ratnam and co-producer and presenter Bobby
Bedi. Mottu reveals that Bedi told Khan that if he got also got a share in the
munafa, besides his high fee, then he himself won't be able to take home any
money from the returns. After all, he was investing a huge amount in the
making, so he expected a decent net gain at the end of it.

That's why the film is not happening, says Mottu. Ooof, kaisa kaisa jhagda for
rupaiyya and paisa.