I was at the show with Gopal Srinivasan.. He has the official song
list in the order in which they were performed.. AR's group arrived
only around 4 pm, and went to the show at around 6 pm for the mic
test and to rehearse the two singers Geoff Iqbal (Mitwa) and master
Bhattacharya (Yeh Tara) (who will also be at DC)..
The show started around 8:15 pm I guess with Jaage Hain.. Chitra
opening the show, and then Rahman coming in.. Next was Khalbali, and
some dancer knocked out A R's cheat sheet from the stage..
Most of the songs are covered already I guess.. There was a
variation of Ghanan Ghanan.. Solos by my friend Rashid, and by
Sivamani, with the bongo player (Gopal will tell you his name, Pat I
guess) etc. The Rajasthani singer Aslam absolutely absolutely gave a
stunning performance of Rang De Basanti and also had a folk solo,
and was part of Ni Main Samajh Gayi..
Because of time constraints, Chanda Re and Barso Re were knocked
off..
A R DID PERFORM NEW YORK NAGARAM.. The whole stadium went ballistic
for Vaaji Vaaji, which was the first tamil song, followed by
Sahara.. The cell-phone lighting was there for Pray for me Brother..
A R went to the piano for the song, then did the unplugged, with En
Kaadhale and other songs.. Humma Humma had the greatest reception,
(along with Chhaiyya) and VM to end the show.. Gopal and I thought
that A R said "We'll skip Dil Se for this show" and then immediately
sang Dil Se Re.
Ravichandran on Keys. Navin on Flute. An American (?) saxophonist.
Another western flautist. Kalyan on Cello. 1 Violon. Sivakumar on
the trigger with Pat (?) (also on Bongo). Keith Peters on Bass
guitar, Rashid on Guitars, Sivamani on percussion. Srinivas Moorthy
conducted. Backing vocals by Ishrath, Reyhana (also sang Chhaiyya),
Sayonara (sang Athiradee, Sa re Ga Me etc.), Tanvi, Naresh, and one
more singer (Dr).. Aslam (number 2) sang the Mayya chants (Neethi,
also for Ramta Jogi). Sridhar mixed (volume).
A R left for DC after the show.. I couldn't make it to DC as
planned.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Anil Varma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>