I doubt he was singing as well, but I guess you are referring to Pat Henley of
Global Rhythms.

----- Original Message ----
From: Tapey3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:33:55 PM
Subject: [arr] Re:Wasn't anyone at the Dallas concert?

I was there as well.  Sukhvinder Singh is a terrific singer live.  The
others were pretty good but no match for Sukhvinder IMO.  Aslam Khan
was amazing.  Who was the white guy who was singing and playing tabla?

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Sreenidhi Venugopal"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all... I was at the dallas concert.. sorry for the late post.. but I
> thought somebody wud have already posted abt it... The concert was
simply
> awesome.. The event's center was jam packed with around 10000 ppl..
the show
> started around 8:30 and went on till 11:30.. The crowd just went mad
when
> Rahman appeared on the stage... The sponsors here had provided the whole
> audience with little lights that all of them kept waving in the
dark.. It
> just looked like stars in the sky.. way too good.. and the
organisers here
> had requested all of them to wear white clothes just to show our
love for
> Rahman, peace ambassador of UN... most of them were in white.. :)
the show
> started with jaage hain from Guru.. and some of the songs performed
were..
> Khalbali (RDB - Rahman)
> Roja Janeman (Roja - Hindi - Hariharan & Sadhana Sargam)
> Vaaji Vaaji (Sivaji - Tamil - Hariharan & Madhushree)
> Mayya Mayya (Guru - Hindi some new girl... dont know her name.. she
looked
> great, danced really well and also sang beautifully... I just fell
in love
> ;) )
> Sahara Pookal (Sivaji - Tamil - Chitra & Vijay Yesudas)
> Ramta jogi (Taal -Hindi - Sukhwinder Singh and Mayya Mayya girl.. more
> love.. ;))
> Chaiyya Chaiyya (Dil Se - Hindi Sukhwinder & Rehana) (The crowd was
totally
> out of control.. Electric atmosphere...)
> Paatshala (RDB - Hindi Vijay Yesudas, Naresh Iyer, Aslam and Tanvi)
> Roobaroo(RDB - Hindi - Naresh Iyer & Rahman)
> Dil Se Re (Dil Se -Hindi - Rahman)
> Kannalane (Bombay -Hindi & Tamil - Chitra)
> Vaada vaada (Sivaji - Tamil - Blaze)
> Athirade(Sivaji - Tamil - Rahman & Syanora)
> Pray for me Brother (Rahman and Blaze)
> Tere Bina (Guru - Rahman & Madhshree)
> Aye Hairathe (Guru - Hariharan & Madhushree (I guess))
> Barso Re(Guru - Mayya Mayya girl.. even more love ;))
> Humma Humma (Bombay - Tamil - Rahman and audience :) Crowd went totally
> berserk.. everyone on their feet.. dancing all the way)
> Kurukku siruthavale (Mudhalvan - Telugu - Hariharan and Sadhana Sargam)
> Ek Onkar (RDB - Chitra)
> Rang De basanti (RDB - Some guy with a turban and Chitra)
> Chanda Re (Sapnay - Hindi - Haruharan and Sadhana Sargam)
> Secret of Success ( Boys - Tamil - Vijay Yesudas, Naresh Iyer,
Syanora and
> Blazee)
> hai Ajnabee(Dil Se - Hindi - Two new singers picked by Rahman from
here..
> One guy and one girl.. the guy was from Dallas and the girl from San
Jose
> California.. Rahman had conduted some kind of audition to select 6
ppl.. the
> other 4 will perform in the other cities.. they were both really
good.. the
> girl sang a few lines of Chinna Chinna Aasai b4 starting Paaki Paaki
> Pardesi..)
> Kaale Megha (Lagaan - Hariharan, Madhushree, ARR, the turban guy,
Chitra,
> Sadhana Sargam.. just the first few lines.. )
> First few lines of (Tu bin bataye (RDB - MadhuShree), En Kaadhale(Duet-
> Chitra), dont remember the song Sadhana Sargam sang and Uyire Uyire
(Bombay
> - Hariharan) while ARR was on the piano...)
> Vande Mataram - last song.. total crowd on its feet swaying to the
tune..
> simply amazing..
>
> Might have missed a couple of songs...
>
> ARR sang the first few lines of Aayiram kodi pergalil oruvan from Anbe
> Aaruyire b4 starting some other song... Sivamani was at his usual
best.. the
> 15 mins when he performed was just amazing... I was so excited b4
the show
> that I forgot to take my camera... :( so cant post any pics :(...
The whole
> show was an out of the world experience for me and my friends.. We
enjoyed
> it to the core.. Rahman simply rocks!!!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sreeni

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>