From: Dinesh Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2007 7:51:41 AM
Subject: [arr] Re: Out of the ordinary tracks in ARR's creative repertoire

 Gopal,

Agreed that NETAJI version was the INA anthem, but so is our current
Jana Gana Mana. As we list Rahman's JanaGanaMana as HIS
interpretation / composition, so also can we accept the INA version
as Rahman's interpretation of that anthem, hence his composition ?

We will have to wait till the DVD of NETAJI is available. Any idea
when it will be released ?

Dinesh Vaidya
Pune

--- In arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com <arrahmanfans%40yahoogroups.com>,
Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ..>
wrote:

> Will following 2 entries qualify to be part of your list ?
>
> 1. In Netaji Subhashchandra Bose > When Netaji reaches Germany and
he
> forms the INA, they sing "a" national anthem similar to Jana Gana
> Mana under the new flag shown with tiger. This anthem has slightly
> different tune and also the lyrics are different. I am told, this
> version was indeed used by the INA as their anthem. Does this count
> as one entry in your list ?
>

> If it was a version used by the INA as their anthem, then it
wouldn't be an ARR composition, would it?

> 2. In Guru > The song "TERE BINA" is not picturised complete but
only
> one couplet / stanza and sung by Rahman. These words are not
> reflected in the cassette / CD release, but appears in the movie
> only. Again, will this count as one entry in your list ?
>
> The song Tere Bina is picturised completely in the movie. However,
it does begin with the couplet that you refer to. I was just waiting
to get hold of the lyrics before including it. IRR, it begins with
a 'Laage...'

--
regards,
ranjith