Hi Murali

If I am not wrong then I think the title music for Duet was a
classical one,so I think it was played by Kadrigopalnath.As he was the
one who was credited as the classical sax player.

I never knew that our boss had played for Mr Raju,thanx for sharing
the info.

Nishanth

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "murali ramakrishnan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi nishanth,
>
> u are right,but i dont know his name. have watched a program on
DD-Tamil
> about the person which was interviewed by Madanbap(known for his
laugh in
> tamil films) intresting news is that our guru has played keyboard
for him
> too.
>
> coming back to the point,Mr.raju known as clarinet raju has played
the sax
> part for "anjali and En kadhalae" song. he says that Rahman could
not able
> to congratulate by words and he started playing the tape  to e.one
who ever
> comes to the studio as it is difficult to play.
>
> please clarify who has played the sax on the title music which is a
> brilliant masterpiece by our Guru.
>
> regards,
>
> murali
>

> >From: "Nishanth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: [arr] Re: Duet Saxophone
> >Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 19:50:15 -0000
> >
> >Hi
> >
> >Jagdeesh is right,Kadrigopalnath played for only 2 songs in Duet.The
> >rest were played by a senior musician - Raju,he was credited as the
> >western sax player for Duet.I think Raju was the one who played the
> >sax in "Anjali" song in Duet.Sadly Raju went unnoticed while
> >Kadrigopalnath got all the credit for the sax parts played in Duet.
> >

> >F Nishanth
> >

> >--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Jagdeesh Subramanian
> ><jaguaero@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Not all of it was played by Kadrigopalnath. There was another artist
> >who
> > > played the saxophone and Kadri came only for 2 songs I think.
You can
> > > check the credits on the cassette/cd cover for the name.
Nevertheless