From: Hari N Iyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:15:59 PM
Subject: Re: [arr] My Fav.song need trnaslation

With all due apologies to Vairamuthu  ,  I present
you to a badly translated English version of the song.

With the complexities of active- passive reverse connotations
when you try translating a Dravidian language to English and my limited
knowledge
of both the languages, and importantly the lack of similis in English I seek
your pardon ahead of time.

Lyrics : Vairamuthu

Singers : Mano, Sujatha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROvRin-v_go

**** If you combine
these lyrics with the visuals you can relate more to the settings described /
inquired upon as they seem a little disarray when read singularly.

The song

You who was born to my athai*  and have blossomed in to woman

* Your father sister
is Athai for u and in many traditions athais daughter is the desired match for
a guy

You carry the sweetness of your youth in lovely pavadi ( skirt )

When did u grow up to be such beautiful women for I fondly
remember you as kid playing to catch grasshoppers?

When did u bloom in to a full moon from the crescent you
were?

If silence is your answer for all my queries what else do I
do?

(aaththangara)  - >
The trees by the bank of the river ;  the
leaves from the "arsamaram" ; the branches from the "ala-maram" ;  the pretty
parrot that sleeps in that tree ,
look at her …..

By the bunds in the farming field, there she stands like fully
bloomed cotton.

She who picks silly fights with me, is this the same girl
who has blessed the thavani ( half saree ) by adorning it.

Our relationship will stand the test of time, like flowing
river water which is never salty.

Watch out of the wind instruments / key
board interlude at this junction it will remind you of other rahman songs!  :)

Mamame (My dearest) I yearned and starved (literally and
emotionally) for you and your sight

Even when the situations and omens were against me, I came
running to see your lovely face.

I went calling for you by the banks of the river ,

I went calling for you by the Train*** that went past by ,

The river flew, the train went past by, time passed

And my eyes were filled with tears longing for you.

My dearest please don't leave me

For if you do, my life would leave me too.

*** The visual and
imaginative comparison of a train leaving a small village is a much exploited
theme
in tamizh movies to symbolize separation.

(aaththangara)

Hey you with the lovely dress ; are you fine ?

Is your lovely feet fine?

How are things back home?

Are the flowers in your garden fine? (the actual meaning of thottapoo
ellaam sogandhaanaa thodaadha poovum sogandhaanaa is very tricky to write *
wink * wink)

Are the trees in the garden fine ?

Are you parents doing fine ?

Are our childhood memories fine ?

It has been so long since I last laid my eyes on you and I am back now and it
is time for us to tie the knot in the eternal bond of marriage.

(aaththangara)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, harshal chavan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thnxxxx Manii.... Its great.... thnx for your help....
>
> here is the song lyric.. I found it on net only..thnx to that guy also :)
>
>  Kizhakku Chemaiyile - Lyric (English)
> Lyrics : Vairamuthu
> By : Mano & Sujatha
>
> M:Aththaikkup pirandhavalae aalaagi ninravalae
> Paruvam somandu varum paavaadaith thaamaraiyae
> Thattaamboochchi pidiththaval dhaavanikku vandhadheppoa
> Moonraambiraiyae nee muzhu nelavaanadheppoa
> Mounaththil neeyirundhaa yaaraiththaan kaetpadheppoa
>
> Aaththangara maramae arasamara ilaiyae aalamarak kilaiyae adhilurangum
> kiliyae (2)
> Oadakkara ozhavukaattula oruththi yaaru iva vedichchi nikkura paruththi
> Thaavivandhu sandaiyidum andha mugamaa dhaavanikku vandha oru nandhavanamaa
> Ulla sondham enna vittup poagaadhu ada oadaththanni upputh thanni aagaadhu
> (aaththangara)
>
> F:Maamanae onnath thaangaama ottiyil soarum pongaama
> Paavi naan paruththi naaraap poanaenae
> Kaagamdhaan kaththip poanaalum kadhavudhaan saththampoattaalum
> Oammugam paakka oadi vandhaenae
> Oththaiyil oadakkaraiyoaram kaththiyae ompaer sonnaenae
> Oththaiyil oadum rayiloaram kaththiyae ompaer sonnaenae
> Andha rayil dhooram poanadhum naeram aanadhum kanneer vittaenae
> Muththu maamaa enna vittup poagaadhae - en
> Oththa usiru poanaa meendum vaaraadhae
>
> (aaththangara)
>
> M:Dhaavanip ponnae sogandhaanaa thangamae thazhumbum sogandhaanaa
> Paaraiyil chinnap paadham sogandhaanaa
> Thottapoo ellaam sogandhaanaa thodaadha poovum sogandhaanaa
> Thoappula joadi marangal sogandhaanaa
> Aiththayum maamanum sogandhaanaa aaththula meenum sogandhaanaa (2)
> Annamae unnaiyum ennaiyum thookki valarththa thinnaiyum sogandhaanaa
> Maamambonnae machcham paarththu naalaachchu - om
> Machchaanukku mayilap pasuvu thoadhaachchu
>
> (aaththangara)

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.