Dear Friends,

I dont know if this has been posted on the groups before, but at the
time of Guru film's release, the song 'Shauk Hai' was premiered on
Mumbai's Radio City 91.1 fm station.

I heard it twice. I was surprised to hear the FULL VERSION of this
song. Its one of the most melodious compositions from ARR. I was
under the impression that the entire version will be released at a
later date, but i have no idea what is the status on this.

If anyone has any info on this, please let me know.

thanks,

Vinay Patil

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Ajit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apart from the most recent film output in Guru and Shivaji, Rahman
> has created some beautiful and breathtaking compositions in
Provoked,
> the additional song in Guru (Shauk Hai), and Pray for me Brother.
> Alive and Save You from Provoked are extremely haunting numbers
with
> incredible melody and soft arrangements. I think these are quite
> overlooked. Lot of Rahman magic in these two.
>
> Did Pray for me Brother get any kind of recognition? It has so many
> ingredients for universal appeal.  I love this song for its
> international flavor and smooth jazz influence.  The lyrics and
music
> really do combine well and amplify feelings of compassion and
empathy
> (one of Rahman's overlooked strokes of genius.....the ability to so
> accurately create music communicating very complex and seldom
thought
> of emotions).  Pray for me Brother is another fine example of why
> Rahman should create more musical projects beyond the range of film
> music. And the internatinoal/instrumental version of this song is
> just out of this world.....  The beauty of Shauk Hai is
mindblowing.