It's getting close to a new Rahman release.  If JA is releasing in
early Oct, the music may be out next month.  Wonder how Rahman will
compose for this one.  My expectations are high, but I'm going to
avoid hype.  Last I checked, Rahman in an interview mentioned 6 songs
total. With the type of movie in mind (historical epic), perhaps we
can expect a semi-classical effort with traditional Indian
instruments and lots of melody (ala Zubeida, Lagaan).  We already
know there will be a Qawali (Khwaja Mere Khwaja) with Sonu and Alka.
The movie will have to be a success for the music to go far with the
masses in this case, although us ARR fans will relish it. Ashutosh
and Rahman have an impressive record together and hopefully, this
project will add to their success.

Been a successful run for ARR lately with RDB, Guru, SOK, and Shivaji
all going far.  I just wish ARR could provide us with greater
accessibility to communicate with him directly (online
question/answer or more appearances on this forum).  We know how busy
he is, but I still wish we could have more opportunities to
communicate with him directly while respecting his privacy.  I also
wish LOTR and Provoked soundtracks could be made available to us as
well as updates on his own projects (Conference of the Birds, etc).
Provoked should have been available to us.  Yes, we got Pray for me
Brother and One Love, but I am craving for a more ambitious project
on the likes of Vande Mataram.  Come on Rahman, it's been ten years
now.  We're craving for a full fledged solo effort from you!

I am revisiting Guru and Water and immensely enjoying these two
soundtracks.  Tell me any other composer today in India who can score
as high quality compositions as Piya Ho, Shauk Hai, Tere Bina, Jaage,
Ay Hairathe, Chan Chan, Bangari Marori.  Nobody.