You need an air-tight container so that no moisture can get in. Like
a cookie jar, only larger, for your collection. Also you can use an
absorbent inside such a jar to absorb any remaining moisture.
Obviously you can go extreme while building something like that ;)
Nitrogen purges etc., depending on how much you love your tapes.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Amith Chandhran"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Friends, all my cassettes and CDs are getting infected by fungus
these days.
> (I have recently shifted to Mumbai, which is a humid place) This is
a new
> experience for me. I have tried many things to keep the precious
collection
> safe from it, but even keeping it all in dry place isn't helping,
fungi grow
> rapidly. Now its going beyond my hands. What can I do to keep it
safe from
> the infection? Is anyone else in humid areas experiencing the same?
I would