Song from film Amritha, which is Kannathil Muthamittal (2002) in Tamil.
  It is the title track, which is played in the background with the titles in
the start of the film. It is very melodious song sung by ARR which is worth
listening every morning which has only flute and on string instrument.

  Yeh jo desh hai song from swadesh also seems to be composed with very few
instruments with shehnai dominating the entire piece.

  Alai pongera song - devotional song from Sakhi (Alaipayuthey in Tamil,
Maniratnam's film with Madhavan and Shalini). Only beats and veena seem to used
in it.

  Vande mataram(revival) - Slow version of Vande mataram also has less
instruments with beautiful female voices (Anuradha, Sujatha, Kalyani Menon and
one more).

  There are many such beautiful songs with less instruments by ARR.

  -Sriram.

rayrai2k <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hi,
I wish we shall pull out the songs in which ARR has used less
instruments / sounds.
the first one that come to my mind is the song i=n Thiruda Thiruda.
The second I guess should be Kaalaiyel Dhina from NEW. Third Kehena hi
kya in BOMBAY.
Please add.
Regards,