From: Abdul Manaf cp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2007 2:10:04 PM
Subject: [arr] Lajjo: Born, shelved and revived!!!!

Lajjo: Born, shelved and revived!
'Lajjo' was announced as the next big thing after 'Lagaan'. It was the coming
together of the three maestros: Aamir Khan, Mani Ratnam and A R Rahman! The
output from these three guys was already being expected to be of the highest
quality. The hype that they generated was amazing. Fan clubs were formed on
'Orkut' and the memberships went up to tens of thousands! The frenzy had just
started building up. Lajjo was born!
Slowly the team fell into the most familiar trap at Bollywood as soon as a
producer called Bobby Bedi joined them. The trap of 'ego-clash'. Thankfully,
this time, Aamir Khan was not involved in the fiasco. There were some apparent
changes to the script by Mani Ratnam that Bobby didn't approve of and decided
to pull out. It is unknown to this day whether the two (Mani and Bobby) ever
sat down to sort the issue out. Lajjo was shelved!
Apparently, Rahman had already composed two songs for the movie. For all his
ardent fans, (like me) this was yet another disappointment of his career. His
career has been struck by the most number of unreleased movies I guess. Or
maybe I feel so because I follow every movie that he releases. In Aamir's
career too, there have been a few non-starters. I remember one movie with
Shekhar Kapur 'Ta ra rum pum' never took off.
Later, Mani decided to revive the movie after making changes to his
satisfaction! He has spoken to a few producers who are apparently willing to
back the project. Who wouldnt?! I don't exactly know who he has spoken to or
what he has done but I defintitely have reports that suggest that 'Lajjo' is
about to be revived. How much of it is true will only be known as time
progresses. Lajjo is revived!
http://bollywoodblo g.aol.in/ 2007/07/28/ lajjo-born- shelved-and- revived/

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222