Ghajini was well packaged for a tamizh movie. Inspiration from foreign
flicks + chemistry of the leading pair + really catchy songs + comedy (
from the heroine ) , Did it for the movie.

Inspiration from foreign flicks
Memento and Gajini  are too far apart in terms of the story. People who
have seen both the movies will know this. But the idea of hero suffering
the short term memory loss and tricks he uses to remember what was done
to him to take revenge on the villain is a direct lift from Memento.

Memento is a very complex story to tell and screen play takes a lot on
the audience to understand. This is a complex story to tell because the
color scenes are told in reverse chronological order while the black and
white scenes are done in chronological order. Both the color and black
and white scenes are alternately interspersed throughout the movie in a
set pattern. This is done by director Christopher Nolan and his crew in
order to confuse and bewilder the audience. He states it is to put the
viewer in the shoes of Memento's protagonist Leonard Shelby (Guy Pearce)
and experience what he is going through. He crafts the film such that
new bits and pieces of information are given out with each color and b&w
scene until their time lines meet.

Gajini is nothing like that in terms of screen play. It is a regular
Kollywood movie. To over simplify things "Hero falls in love ... Villain
kills heroine ..Hero takes revenge ... "

Chemistry of the leading pair

This was a major boost for the movie .. Asin was spectacular in the
movie and for the short time she is there , the movie is a breeze. All
the funny moments in the movie she shares with Surya comes out pleasing
audiences of all ages and taste ...
Asin helping the blind man scene is a direct lift from "The Amelie "
(Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le)  - French movie . With gems
like that thrown in during the Asin + Surya romance , the movie scored
really well. The comedy from Asin was surprisingly fresh and enjoyable.

Music
I am not going to discuss this , because i guess everything that needs
to said about the tamizh gajini music has already been said.

In Short

A movie with large potential for commercial success and a slightly
intelligent movie as well.

Hindi Audience / People seeing for the first time in Hindi
You definitely will have something to look forward to from the movie for
the star power and more importantly for the music from ARR.

Tamizh audience who will be repeating the movie in Hindi
Apart from the star power , ARR music is something surely to look
forward too. Also it will fun to see what differences are there in both
the versions ( specially the climax) .

Being the movie buff i am , i am curious to see how well the comedy and
tamizh centric sentiments ( which are less in this movie ) translate in
to hindi ( as it is a major pain point for many movies that crosses this
boundary )

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, sri ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ghajini as such is not a movie that is out of this world.It is a story
of one's vengeance which the director tries to tell in Memento fashion.
> And as Aamir said he was not happy with the last half hour and asked
for a change which was accepted by director Muragadoss.
> But in Tamil it was the protagonist's and the girl's performance with
some standout songs that pulled the class audiences to the theatres.
> But with Aamir's touch and of course with our "Isai Puyal",the movie
should be much more rocking than the original.

color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:bold;line-height:122%;margin:10p\
x 0px;}
> #ygrp-mkp #ads{
> margin-bottom:10px;}
> #ygrp-mkp .ad{
> padding:0 0;}
> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
> color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
> -->
>

> <!--
>
> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
> font-family:Arial;}
> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
> margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
> -->
>

> <!--

sans-serif;}
> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}
> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
> #ygrp-text{
> font-family:Georgia;
> }
> #ygrp-text p{
> margin:0 0 1em 0;}
> #ygrp-tpmsgs{
> font-family:Arial;
> clear:both;}
> #ygrp-vitnav{
> #ygrp-vitnav a{
> padding:0 1px;}
> #ygrp-actbar{
> clear:both;margin:25px
> #ygrp-actbar .left{
> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
> .bld{font-weight:bold;}
> #ygrp-grft{
> #ygrp-ft{
> padding:5px 0;
> }
> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
> padding-bottom:10px;}
>
> #ygrp-vital{
> #ygrp-vital #vithd{

font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-trans\
form:uppercase;}
> #ygrp-vital ul{
> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
> #ygrp-vital ul li{
> }
> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;pa\
dding-right:.5em;}
> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
> font-weight:bold;}
> #ygrp-vital a{
> text-decoration:none;}
>
> #ygrp-vital a:hover{
> text-decoration:underline;}
>
> #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
> color:#999;font-size:77%;}
> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
> padding:8px 0;}
> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-hei\
ght:122%;}

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html